lost the valve install thread

That really stinks too because I just bought some chrome caps for mine and now I can't figure out the install. Not to mention that mine came with chrome covers for the rubber doohickee that sticks out of the wheel. I had it figured for an additional 15 RWHP and maybe 10MPH on the top end. Guess now I'll never know!

my car is on stands. i was waiting for the final instructions and CRASHHH!!
now i cant drive my car till someone posts the how-to again. oh, well maybe i will get a build date on my gt ordered on xplan soon

Ruffy said:
Due to a server crash the next issue of MM&FF is going to be late because they had to pull their feature "How to Install Tire Valve Covers" from the magazine.

this all makes me wonder if the tire valve covers were correctly installed on the server.

BlackGhostStang here! I bet the crash was due to that thread. There is probably a thread response limit that was hit. That was one of the most viewed/read technical article in the 05 forum.

Cleveland, you didn't have any articles on your spring lowering adventure.

I didnt create a log of the drop or the custom plate installs unfortunately since my personal camera broke while I was on vacation in Mexico.

I was trying to find a way to safely launch the spring off the strut but I didnt have enough time in the day to prep for it. I really wanted to see how far it would fly.

-Dan

Dang it! Do you still have your caps on or have they been stolen/removed?

I'm crushed that we lost that thread. That installation was a major learning experience for me and the help I got here was priceless.

I have some more bad news to report. We spent a wonderful weekend in the wine country and sometime during the night, a ruthless violation of my property took place. Some criminal obsconded with two of my valve caps!

I still have the remaining two and my attitude now is, go ahead if it's that important to you, you must need them more than I do. I am trying to be as philosophical as I can be right now.

some kid put them on his bike. that is so darn uncool. I feel your pain