Lots of blue smoke.

Quik03GT

Mar 2, 2006
Hey guys, for a while now my Mustang has been pushin some blue smoke out of the tailpipes. It does it on hard acceleration, or coasting down a hill when i get back on the gas. I'm thinking it might be valve seals, but at the same time I wonder if it could be rings ( hoping not). I compression tested it, 125-140 on all 8, motor seems to run fine other than this issue. Are these engines known for toasting rings? I'm honestly not sure how many miles are on the engine, its definetly not original though. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

The 95 is the one in question here. Like I said, it was originally a V6 car so its hard to say how many miles are the motor. The odo says 189k so if the engine actually does have that on it then I can understand the smoke lol.

sounds to me like your have blown rings or a ring, consuming a quart of oil almost every fueling is a bit rediculous. find an explorer motor and swap your acc. and your cam over and call it a day

Just wanted to bring this back up, I tried to do a quick fix on this but it doesnt seem to have done any good. From when I got this car, the number two plug gets fouled very quickly, and the electrode looks an odd orange-ish color when i take it out. So I did the valve seals on that one cylinder, just to see what would happen, it doesn't seem to have done a bit of good. It's very odd, because it acts like bad valve seals yet doing them on the one cylinder didn't seem to help. Time for a new motor I guess...:(