Loud Noises

Ok i have a loud noise coming from what seems to be the driveshaft. It sounds similar to very loud bicycle breaks (the rubber ones). I did just install motive 4.10's and when we put the drive shaft back on we lined it up in the exact spot it came off, any ideas? I know some gears can whine but this is not a whine.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok i ve been messing around with it all day and im pretty sure its the back driver side brakes. It looks like its not sliding like it should, i pulled them apart and lubed everything, it helped for a little so i might need to replace the pads. and make sure they are clear of everything.

Ok i ve been messing around with it all day and im pretty sure its the back driver side brakes. It looks like its not sliding like it should, i pulled them apart and lubed everything, it helped for a little so i might need to replace the pads. and make sure they are clear of everything.

Yeah, I posted about this a week or so ago, and got no response.

There was a recall on the emergency brakes on these cars a while back.

In my case, a moron was assigned to my car ( not all techs are morons by any means). I think he took a "shortcut" and hosed up my driver side rear disc brake ( too lazy to disconnect the frigging e-brake cable thing ? ) Needless to say, I will junk this car before I bring it back to any Ford dealership. Your mileage may vary.

The sliders ( caliper pins) on the back brakes seem to "hang up" on these cars. It might be worth your time to take them out, check them, and re-grease as needed. Good luck.