Loud squeak when clutch is out

What causes a squeaky sound when clutch is not pressed in

• Pilot bearing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Input shaft bearing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There’s a loud constant squeaky sound when I release my clutch out but makes no squeak at all when I press my clutch in. I don’t know what it is. I hear people tell me throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and input shaft bearing. I just want the squeak to be gone because I hate holding a stage 2 clutch in at a stop light so I don’t have to hear that god awful sound or for anyone else to hear it. Someone please help me.

• Sponsors (?)

There’s a loud constant squeaky sound when I release my clutch out but makes no squeak at all when I press my clutch in. I don’t know what it is. I hear people tell me throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and input shaft bearing. I just want the squeak to be gone because I hate holding a stage 2 clutch in at a stop light so I don’t have to hear that god awful sound or for anyone else to hear it. Someone please help me.
Did you end up figuring this out? Exact same thing happening to me, most common thing I heard is input shaft but don't want to rebuild the trans if I don't have to.

I have the same problem. I'm working on it soon. I'm going to replace the clutch, clutch plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing, but I heard it's usually the throw out bearing. Since I have the tranny off and I'm going to do the rear main seal as well.

Doesn’t the throw out bearing have pressure on it only when it has a load on it? Unlike federal bills that often do the opposite of their name, I am fairly sure the part’s name is accurate.