loud whisling noise from throttlebody?

My mods on my motor are listed below. I hear this really high pitch whisling noise coming from my throttlebody/ upperintake. I sprayed water and looked for vacume leaks but didnt seem to find any. Does this 347 with the larger 70mm throttlebody and the trickflow intake make this sound. I hope not because this is so #@&% annoying!

Tahnks

• Sponsors (?)

I was hoping I didnt have to learn to love it, atleast Im not the only person that has to learn to love it. Just cant beleive how loud it is. I talked to a guy today about it and he said the noise is from the air hitting the butterfly in the throttlebody. Oh well.

If you're talking about whistling at part-throttle, then that's kind of "normal" with the bigger tbs and I guess just get used to it. I have a 70mm accufab and yes, it does whistle from time to time (usually when the car is cold). If you mean it's whistling at idle then you should be looking for a leak or a deformed butterfly. Make sure your throttle plate is adjusted properly and your bypass valve is clean...

I'm not sure if it's the same whistle, but on the 4.0L Rangers if you run a K&N filter, the oil gets to the IAC and makes a loud annoying whistle. Usually just take it off and clean it and it goes away for a while. Does it worst when it's cold too. I pitched the K&N and went back to a paper filter to prevent that.

Im getting a whistle too. I've got a 70mm BBK tb, it doesn't whistle at idle, but when I hold the gas pedal at a certain hold (can't explain it) it whistles. I first thought it was because of my straight shot Home made kit, but now im unsure.

And yes it is somewhat loud.
BTW I have a sn-95 model, even with the special adapter that curves to the TB, I too can hear it. And everyone else as well. One time while cruisin: Some chicks asked me if I had NAWZZZ; I replied with a no, and asked why ? They answered: because it sure sounds like it. :rlaugh: :cool: