Loudest exhaust setup possible while still sounding decent?

I have an off road mac prochamber h-pipe right now with original flowmaster 40's. Looking to change it up to something a little more beastly sounding. I want obnoxious loud if you know what I mean but don't want bad sounding loud. Suggestions on the headers, mid pipes, and mufflers I should run?

• Sponsors (?)

He mentioned that he wanted it to sound decent :p
^^ I agree.

I had a bassani o/r x with LM1s.....it was HORRIBLE. Yes it was loud, but it was very raspy in the mid and high RPMs. I traded a guy in a movie theater parking lot....my LM1s for his LM2s. It sounded great after that.

I completly ditched that system now tho. I went with an o/r h with Steeda stainless exhaust. I am hoping the steeda exhaust quiets it down a little. I dont need/want it to be loud. That makes people look at you.....especially cops!

I honestly love the LM1, my video it sounds way more raspy due to the fact it was taken on an old canon IS S2.
It has also mellowed out a bit over time.
It is also extremely quiet under 2700rpm, which is great because I love it's growl, but I can drive down my street at 2am and not wake anyone up.

Personally I don't like the sound of X pipes, especially off road X pipes. The cats on mine might keep it more mellow as well.

Yeah I've listened to a lot of setups on YouTube but I'm worried it not gonna sound the same in person. I have heard to car in my area and even stopped and asked them what they were running and it was LM1's. But they were both cobras so I don't know if it will sound quite the same on my SOHC GT.

I loved the sound of my LM1s when I had cats.....when I ditched the cats, it was crazy loud. Even after I switched to the LM2s, with the o/r x, I would wake my neighbors up at 5am with it idling across the street. I dont think the LM2s were that much quieter, they just got rid of the raspy sound. My wife could hear me over a mile away when I got on the highway.

I like the sound of the SLPs if they are done right. Volume is only one part of the equasion, the other part is the tone. Their tone is very nice (to me at least) if they arent raspy. If I hear the raspy sound, Ill just turn and walk away.

I loved the sound of my LM1s when I had cats.....when I ditched the cats, it was crazy loud. Even after I switched to the LM2s, with the o/r x, I would wake my neighbors up at 5am with it idling across the street. I dont think the LM2s were that much quieter, they just got rid of the raspy sound. My wife could hear me over a mile away when I got on the highway.

I like the sound of the SLPs if they are done right. Volume is only one part of the equasion, the other part is the tone. Their tone is very nice (to me at least) if they arent raspy. If I hear the raspy sound, Ill just turn and walk away.

Thanks for the help! So your suggestion would be either o/r x and LM2's or catted x with LM1's? And what do you think about LT or shorty headers? Does that make a big difference with the sound and tone at all?

Thats the way I have seen it. I tried it both ways, and I think the o/r LM2 route sounded the best....but not far off from a catted LM1 sound.

LTs can change the tone a bit, maybe make it just a little louder, but shouldnt add raspiness. Shorties....forget them. The stock manifolds are just as good as shorties especially for the amount of work involved.