Quieter Mufflers for Supercharged 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

I used Walker 21548 Quiet flow Stainless Steel ( SS ) on my 83.. they were as large as I could fit under the car without causing any " creative" problems and are built to be " quiet " .....I believe they are a "turbo" muffler.. I looked at " chambered " mufflers ( Jones).. Articles claim the turbo mufflers are quieter.. Watched some Jones chambered muffler videos on Youtube and they were way too loud for me.....
Wish I could tell you how they sound, but I have not started the car since the install... soon maybe... TOO effin hot here in Florida to work outside.. I am looking for a very quiet exhaust..
DSCF1484.JPG

Last edited:
Earlier, @General karthief made a point of downsizing to 2.5" and I think he's right. I wanted the 331 Turbo car, with 3" from the y-pipe back, to be quiet but also with minimal backpressure, as I was already having a turbo backpressure issue. So, I installed a 3.5" QTP electric cutout upstream, and then put in dynomax superturbos, that have 3" external pipes but internally neck down to 2.5". Super turbos are the go-to for a lot of folks to have a nice mellow, non-drone sound. It was NOT quiet. Now, the car's still a tin can with no insulation, so that adds to it, I'm sure. I just think 3" exhaust is never going to be as quiet as 2.5", regardless of the muffler.

I'll keep trying stuff.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users