Lowered 69's? Anyone have good pics?

97Snake1668

Founding Member
Aug 11, 1999
San Diego, CA
Hello all,
Well I am finally thinking about getting back into the Classic game after a long time away. I have found a 69 Coupe that I am thinking about getting but I would like to see a few things first. Does anyone have some pics of a nice lowered 69? I would like to see one that is level and low. I plan on putting some nice stiff suspension on the car if I get it and want it to have the low and mean look. Hopefully all the old tricks that I used on my 68's will work with the 69's. So if you have some nice lowered pics please let me know! Thanks for everything over the past 10 years!

Semper Fi!
Kris

• Sponsors (?)

23871560044_large.jpg

This is the best I can do for now. The paint job is starting to fade, but you can get an idea of the stance anyway.

So how did everyone here achieve thier look? Front and rear, what did you do? Cut springs or aftermarket springs?

With a coil over front suspension you just move the large nut on the shock body down to get the height you want. For the rear, I used modified Mustang II leaf springs and circle track sliders in place of the rear shackles. I moved the locating pin back to the stock location and added a leaf. You will need to adjust the pinion angle using shims, but it's pretty easy to do.

I installed a set of Laurel Mt. 620# lb springs and cut 1/2 of a coil. After about a year, the front fender wells ended up about 1 to 1 1/2 inches below the top of the tires. Rims are 16 inch, but tires are low profile to match diameter of the original tires.

I will try to post a photo later...it's in the shop about to get its first motor overhaul since new.