LRS/50 resto seat covers

1fastsn95

Apr 22, 2005
Carthage, tn
Has anyone used LRS/50 resto replacement seat upholstery? I got a set of grey sport seats that have some cig burns in them. Ive changed my int to black so I either need different seats or just recover the grey ones. (black of course). So Im wondering if those that have used them are satisfied or not? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ive been thinking about doing this for a while now also but was waiting for some "after" pics before i did. had a sample of the material around here some where, looked alright.

I redid mine with the kit. It came with everything you need, and fit pretty good too. I get a lot of compliments on them.

I think it was MM&FF that did a write up on how to do it with pics and all and I went by that step by step.

If your set foam is bad, it wont fit as tight as you might like, my driver side foam was a little wore out, but it was good enough to go ahead and cover.

my foam is good. Very little wear on the seats. Im just thinking I can recover mine with this kit and come out better than spending the money on a set of used seats that might be wore out or showing wear. I found a guy that had fronts only, for $350. Very nice seats, 30K mile car. He was trying to tell me how "bad" the new covers are compared to his "like new" seats.

I redid the seats in my orange '87 vert two months ago. I used the black tweed kit.

Nothing but praise. Fit great, look great with tons of complements.

I replaced the foam in my drivers seat. It was Baaaad!

I like the black material in the kit better than the original.

The same kits are sold by Fox Mustang Restoration and are a little cheaper. Thats where I got mine.

I've seen some seats after they were recovered. They looked awesome. If I didn't go sn95 seats I would have recovered my stock seats.

However, look at what you have to work with first. If the foam is trashed and the seats lean way in....might want to find another set of seats to use.