LS1 in a mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony01GT

Dec 16, 2002
Orland Park, IL
Has anyone ever done it? Is it possible? I'm sick of think about how much money is spent putting power adders on our cars and only getting N/A power of a LS1. What would it take to put a LS1 in a mustang? I just found out the other day that a camaro that I lost to (the only car I lost to) has a 424ci LS1 in it that is putting down anywhere from 500-600+ hp tp the wheels. You will never see that out of a mustang. It must be done and I know its wrong but it has to happen sooner or later! :lol: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

i cant believe my eyez....are u serious? Although its a creative idea.....yet....dumb...lol

If u want LS1 power..u should just trade in the stang for a real LS1 powered car...................................trader.................. :nonono:

Mr GT 02 said:
i cant believe my eyez....are u serious? Although its a creative idea.....yet....dumb...lol

If u want LS1 power..u should just trade in the stang for a real LS1 powered car...................................trader.................. :nonono:
well..this way you get the good part of a F-body into and good car. I know AJE makes K-members with SBC motor mounts. If a LS1 will bolt onto it I don't see the problem. just get a loom all elctrical worked out, trans, etc it'll be awesome to get a 400+ci LS1 into a mustang and then add some nitrous to it. In jegs there is a LS1 longblock with everything for 5999. guys I'm going to do it, one way or another it will be done haha. I don't care if it takes a whole year. haha, I'll let you know how it goes. just scrapped my bb stroker set-up. :nonono:

if I had the money, and lived in a area that didn't require smog checks, i would just drop a 428 cobra jet engine in my car. that way I'll be still keeping it 100% ford, and I wouldn't have to worry about messing with computer wiring

jmk97GT said:
View attachment 514830
View attachment 514832

:nonono:

How can you say you dont see mustangs putting down 500-600rwhp?? Yeah, maybe N/A but you have to realize the displacement and engine type difference. The LS1 is a massive pushrod engine. The 4.6L is a small displacement overhead cam engine. There are plenty of mustangs with well over 500rwhp...they just need power adders.

Well... I think that is exactly his point. If it can be put in with little hassle, that'd be neat, power wise.

jmk97GT said:
View attachment 514826
View attachment 514828

:nonono:

How can you say you dont see mustangs putting down 500-600rwhp?? Yeah, maybe N/A but you have to realize the displacement and engine type difference. The LS1 is a massive pushrod engine. The 4.6L is a small displacement overhead cam engine. There are plenty of mustangs with well over 500rwhp...they just need power adders.

Well... I think that is exactly his point. If it can be put in with little hassle, that'd be neat, power wise.

ADDIDAS SOCKS AND NIKE SHOES? You match your sock brands with your shoes? Am I the only one who doesnt do this? I mean talking about mustangs and LS1's is a bit more severe, but I dont ... see... this kind of comparison, making any comparison :D

do you have any idea how wicked you could make your mustang with that 6000 you would spend on the LS1 motor? why not swap a 5.0 based 347 stroker in if the LS1 swap is the same amount of work? the idea just doesnt jive...

and you would be surprised at how much power you can get out of a 4.6, just a matter of building it right. (and dont think the 500hp LS1's arent built pretty good either)

FalconGuy016 said:
But why??? Dude you shouldnt have bought a mustang if you want an LS1 (not talking to you Falcon, talking to the original poster). You should have thought about what kind of power you wanted before buying. LS1 makes great N/A power because of two things:

1. High compression
2. Lots of displacement

the 4.6L has good potential because it has fairly low compression; it can take the boost.

Think about it this way...

Take any 99+ GT with a 1.7L Kenne Bell blower. (the only reason I'm using KB as an example is that it has a displacement measurement for comparasin).
4.6 + 1.7 = 6.3L

405hp/427lbs at the wheels with 9psi. This can be run safely on a completely stock engine, no internal work.

507hp/521lbs of torque at 14psi. This has been run on stock engines, but is probably not very safe at all. 400hp is about the limit for the stock engine.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that the 4.6L has just as much power considering the size of the engine. The 4.6 LOVES to get blown!!!!

Oh yeah, keep in mind; I did not even mention the 4v engine. These make 550rwhp no problem with a 2.2L kenne bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.