M Stone

• Sponsors (?)

If you have the brackets that use the Toyota Previa rotors (10" diameter) with 1979-85 Eldorado hoses and lightweight 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity calipers and pads, that is the same set-up that I am going to use. I have done some comparative research and have found that a 1985 Ford Ranger has the 10" disc. I am going to purchase the Ranger master cylinder and mustang rear wheel cylinders that match the bore diameter the Ranger. I think that it will work and the Ranger MC is aluminum and the lines come out on the same side as early Mustangs. I feel like the proportion difference will be better than early Mustang with discs or Granada. But again I have not done this yet, so it will be trial and error or not, I hope !
SCAREBIRD LINK
https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=65&product_id=84

I have a Scarebird set up on my '68, but it uses original '68 11-inch discs, Chevy truck calipers and a Maverick disc/drum manual master cylinder. Works fine.

Thanks to all for your thoughts & suggestions..I am using the parts as suggested by scarebird. 10 inch rotors I think and everything he suggests to use..
68 rotors sound nice, but my car is an original 6 cylinder which has 14 inch wheels, Zookeeper are you using 14 or 15,??

I was just reading about the kit that Mr. M Stone has purchased. It says to use 1974 Master cylinder. If Scarebird is referring to M II that would make sense. The Mustang II front brake rotor is about the same size. Could use an M II (which I think is the same as early Fox body, pre metric) distribution block too if the old '67 can't be freed up.

I was just reading about the kit that Mr. M Stone has purchased. It says to use 1974 Master cylinder. If Scarebird is referring to M II that would make sense. The Mustang II front brake rotor is about the same size. Could use an M II (which I think is the same as early Fox body, pre metric) distribution block too if the old '67 can't be freed up.

I just can understand using the 67 or Maveric drum MC as he suggests, The parts store sells a MC for 67 disc brakes, just different size fittings.
I have made many Mustang shows at Nashville & Franklin, were you there? steve saleen was!

M

Yes Sir, I agree. The '67 Mustang drum MC has equal size bowls so I don't see where the proportion would be correct and as far as the Maverick, If it is the Front Disc MC, that is the same as Granada with 11" front brakes, so I think that wouldn't proportion out either.
Here is a picture of the 1977 Mustang II MC:
77m2mc.jpg

The push rod that you end up using will be for a 1967 or 1968 Mustang. It is shorter than all other years of early Mustangs.

Our people went to the 40th Anniversary gathering in Nashville and then a year or two later our local club, Rocket City Mustang Club hosted a 3 day MCA event at the Alabama Space and Rocket Center