MAC boom tube catback exhaust

Calico Cobra

May 6, 2005
Word on the street is MAC has a new catback for foxbody lx 5.0's. It's supposedly a SLP clone call the boom tube and is stainless steel. Anyone heard of this or got some more info???????

• Sponsors (?)

Calico Cobra said:
Word on the street is MAC has a new catback for foxbody lx 5.0's. It's supposedly a SLP clone call the boom tube and is stainless steel. Anyone heard of this or got some more info???????

I haven't heard anything of that yet, thou i am running the mac cat back on my 89lx with bbk l/t and bbk h pipe no cats. the power and sound with the my F303 cam is crazy! the combo works great.

I got mines in December. The materials are pretty nice, all stainless steel and it comes in three sections. The flowtubes with mufflers, then the over the axle parts and the tips. The tips are real nice polished SS but mine didnt come with the necessary hanger for the tips.

The kit is real loud because it has resonators like SLP and on mine with a off orad H and shortie hearders was too loud for me I sold them. It was an alright sound but a bit crackly when you lett off the throttle and costed.

They might work good with cats and a X. Hope this helps.

Matt

Yes its actually called boom tubes exhaust.its from a place called Pacifica Perforamcne. The only place I found thier ad was in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Dec 05 page 179. Thier number is 800-308-0082 cause you cant find thier site hardly at all.

carbed 85 gt said:
Yes its actually called boom tubes exhaust.its from a place called Pacifica Perforamcne. The only place I found thier ad was in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Dec 05 page 179. Thier number is 800-308-0082 cause you cant find thier site hardly at all.

Thanks, i am thinking of getting this setup.