Mac exhaust ?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Im getting ready to have Mac long tubes...Mac H-pipe no cats....And Mac cat Back,...will it be loud? how does it sound....how much power will i see with doing this over my stock exhaust thats on my 85 now?

• Sponsors (?)

If you get MAC i would get it with an X pipe and run them with full tail pipes..they sound SOOOo good that way. I ran'em for a long time and got bored and traded them off, i wish i would've kept'em. They especially sound good if you've got a nice cam.

Right now i've got Magnaflow and they sound pretty awesome too.

It will definitely be loud. Just make sure those long tubes are single flange and not individual flanges on the primaries The ones with individual flanges warp like a mother and will usually not go back on right if you have to take them off for some reason. Individual flanges FTL.

I have BBK long tubes, BBK shorty H-pipe and Mac pro dumps and it sounds awesome. You can carry on a normal conversation instead of a yelling match.

That's what i love about these Magnaflows i'm running right now. Even with no dumps and no tail pipes, just open exits they're quieter at idle than anything i've ever ran, but when you step into it they scream and have a really nice "serious but not obnoxious" sound to them. No drone at all on the highway either and i can talk at a normal level and even hear my cell ringing :rlaugh:

Thanks guys im at work so i cant listen to them hear when i get home i'll listen to them...thanks for the replys...Right now i have a bone stock 85 and its so damn quiet...i cant stand it ...plus im sure going to a full length header and H-pipe and a full cat back im surei should see some HP gains too....I hope it sounds awesome...I love they way 5.0's sound so im guessing it will sound awesome.....