mach 1 chin splitter

DJT03GT

Oct 27, 2003
New Jersey
Does anyone have a Mach 1 chin splitter that actually extends all the way around to the wheel wells? my comes up about a half inch short on both sides. If you do, where do you get it from...thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Mine does, but its a matter of installation, not size. You have to use a bit of muscle and stretch it when you install it, but it will fit flush with the wheel wells, just start with the screws in the corners and alternate back and forth until you get to the middle.

hmm....i didnt install mine, my body shop did cuz i had them paint it to match my car. Im guessing they didnt want to stretch it with the fresh paint on there, then again they do horrible work so im not sure what they were thinking...

DJT03GT said:
hmm....i didnt install mine, my body shop did cuz i had them paint it to match my car. Im guessing they didnt want to stretch it with the fresh paint on there, then again they do horrible work so im not sure what they were thinking...

Don't bump into anything, that chin spoiler is so flexible the paint will probably crack. Other than that enjoy. :nice:

I've seen mach 1's that don't line up perfectly at the wheel wells from the factory either.If you want to line up at the wheel well you won't be flush at the front of your bumper. Stretching the chin spoiler does help in getting closer to a flush fit but it won't be perfect. They still look good anyway and it hides the ugly underside of your bumper...
http://members.cardomain.com/kennym01