mach 1 grill delete question?

BAD88GT

Founding Member
Jun 11, 1999
I want to install a mach 1 grill delete in my wifes 02 mustang, I looked on ebay and saw that some kits were a three piece and some were only a two peice kit, well I ordered a kit and thought it was a three piece kit but when it arrived it was only two pieces. So my question is will this kit work or do I need to order the other piece or another kit. I have the black trim piece and the chrome pony. I want to install it this weekend but need to know if I can.Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The third piece is the plastic oval-looking type thingy that the pony bolts onto. Its been a while since I did mine, but if i can remember right there should be that piece already on the car. The kit just gives an exact replacement one.

Rol224 said:
The third piece is the plastic oval-looking type thingy that the pony bolts onto. Its been a while since I did mine, but if i can remember right there should be that piece already on the car. The kit just gives an exact replacement one.

You're right. :nice: I actually installed my Steeda Mach 1 grille kit w/o using the third piece the first time I did it. I wound up going back and adding the third piece, but it's quite easy to install the kit with just the two pieces. :nice:

Yeah, just leave the stock black piece in there now. It will still work and you'll prob never notice it.

If it bother you, go to ford and get one. I beleive it's called a Inner grill trim peice and it's like $15-20 if i remember correctly.