Mach 1 Grill Delete....

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Joplin, Missouri
Got my xmas present early from the wife..... Very suprised she actually bought me a part for the car, not to mention she got the right one (with help of fellow stanger). But I have to say they are not as easy to put on as u think with the bumper still on the car. Didn't do any research on the install, figured it would be pretty straight forward (which it was just a pita!)

Will get pics up in a few days when my cell phone stops being stupid.

• Sponsors (?)

Its a PITA to bend the bumper and fit your hand and a tool back there to get the old bolts off, new bolts on. I jerry rigged it on there, I didnt use any new bolts... it was slicing my hand up trying to get back there, haha.

Its so worth it though.

I used a 7mm wrench to get to the bolts under the bumper. I even tied a piece of string to the other end in case I dropped the wrench. Didn't know where it was going to end up.

So the bumper has to be romeved for this install other than that is a PITA huh
and I was thinking this is gonna be the easyest mod to do...oh well

Where do you guys get the Delete kit from? I checked on line and only can find
them sold in sperate parts not as a package?

I found it easy to do my grill install and I didn't need to remove the bumper. I installed my grill delete and chin spoiler in 30 mins total.

I have Bullitt pedals waiting under the tree for me this year. SHould be interesting installing those

yea well dont try to use a hair dryer.. trust me those suckers got to be HOT to get on. i basically almost melted them and them put em over and they reformed to perfect shape over the pedal. the first time i did em i runied the set trying to bend them on.. w/ a hair dryer of course.

Wife ordered the basic kit (2pc kit) from 5.0 Resto. Was here in 3 days or so.

Would of been easier to take front bumper off to install delete but we just pulled the head lights (they were easy as pie) and worked our hands around the back.. Plus I had been up for like 20 hrs and was tired as hell. But so worth it in the end. Looks great.