Mach 1 Grille Delete Problem

FalconGuy016

Oct 26, 2004
Northern VA
I know this is hardly tech, but I couldn't think it was talk either. If you want to move it please do.

I recieved my Mach 1 Grille Delete from MustangTuning today, much to my glee. However, as my luck has been with everything recently, it wasn't right. First, it was packaged pretty crappy. It was just three parts free to move about in an empty box. Well, two of them, but more on that later. The pony itself was the only part with any packaging, but it was just poorly wrapped and taped in bubble wrap, and even THAT wasn't covering all of it. It was as if somebody threw bubble wrap at it and taped around it blindfolded. Maybe on meth, too.

So all my crap was scratched up and chipped. And then, my lower lip plastic piece was LODGED into the sides of the box, literally gouging out the inner walls of the box. This apparently bent it way out of shape. As I tried to install it, that much was clear, which made the retainer clips very important...

... that they didn't ship with it! I went to Advance and got some "Help!" brand clips, but they were all too big or small. Great, so I sent MustangTuning an email and hoping for the best. Now for an actual question; does Ford sell these clips at a dealer? I know it's a Mach 1 part, the grill delete, but I also understand this particular one is made by Steeda so I don't know. Also, how else could I get around this if I can't get those? It's pretty important to get it as flush as possible because it's pretty bad as it sits. I can't think of anything though.

• Sponsors (?)

Mine didn't fit flush to the bumper so I used double sided tape. Seems to work so far after over a year. Try that for now...

As for the packaging...that really sucks. I hope MT gets back to you on that. As for the way it showed up it could be who shipped it not MT's fault also...Amazing how bad packages show up at your front door sometimes. :nonono:

I'm trying to picture which clips you are referring to. I ordered my hardware from Randy Stinchcomb, which was basically just the pushpins.

I didn't need any double sided tape or anything, I just used the 2 pushpins on the outside of the lip thingy, then the other kind of pushpins on the plastic cover. Ford sells every part relating to it, so if you stop by the dealership and tell them what you're looking for, they'll surely be able to get you it.

sgarlic said:
I'm trying to picture which clips you are referring to. I ordered my hardware from Randy Stinchcomb, which was basically just the pushpins.

I didn't need any double sided tape or anything, I just used the 2 pushpins on the outside of the lip thingy, then the other kind of pushpins on the plastic cover. Ford sells every part relating to it, so if you stop by the dealership and tell them what you're looking for, they'll surely be able to get you it.

That makes me kind of sad to hear, because my setup sounds different, and therefore less likely to be Ford related parts. This is kind of a small pic, but they are the exact things I need:

View attachment 458507

The little plastic nubs in the background there is the underside of the new plastic lip that the little rings go onto.