Mach 460 front door speakers (subs?) have no sound

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
I have a 99 gt with the mach 460 system. It had a cheap aftermarket head unit and I noticed the door speakers, which I think are subs weren't making any sound at all. I just installed a new head unit hoping that the cheap one may have just bypassed these speakers but they still have no sound. I've checked all the wiring behind the HU and the wiring to the amplifiers and nothing looks like its been tampered with. I only checked the 2 amplifiers in the trunk area, I don't remember if the 99's had the 3 amp set up. Anyone have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

get a fluke meter and take the door panels off and test the plug to the speaker and see if it gets power to it if it dont you can move further up the wire harness and do the amp the same way. if its gettin power at the speaker your speaker is bad. and that amp is right under the HU. most likely bad speakers unless they rewire it with aftermarket wires

I'd grab a test speaker and hook it into the outputs (for the front "subs") of the amps in the trunk, these are farily accesable and will let you know if you need to head toward the doors or the sterio before you have to pull any thing apart.