maf combo question

Tyler16

Jul 29, 2009
does the 94 maf sensor work on the a9l ecm?

Tell me if anything here looks wrong...
I have the 94maf sensor mounted to a (If i can remember 76mm)c&l housing calibrated to 24# for a 94. A what looks to be a ford product 65mm throttle body that has for some reason a small hole drilled in the flapper deal and 24# injectors. With a a9l computer.

Is this setup wrong? and can that small drilled hole cause idle problems at cold start?

I know its a mess but this is what i was givin to work with.

• Sponsors (?)

If the sensor you have is marked with a part number starting with 'F2VF-', then it is the wrong one for use with the A9L.
Also, you need to check the diameter of the small Sample Tube inside the C&L MAF housing. The diameter of the tube is critical to the meter assemblies 'calibration'.

Post the sensor part number and the sample tube diameter and we'll go from there...

The hole in the TB was likely an attempt to fix a surging idle issue...
Have you pulled the Diagnostic Codes from the ecu???

jason

I thought the F2VF sensor off 94-95 GT is the one to use with fox A9L/A9P? When did this change?
When used on the A9* ecu, the F2VF sensor also needs to be used with 19Lb injectors and the correct STOCK 70mm MAF housing.
When an A9* ecu is used with a C&L housing, then the factory Fox body sensor must be used... which is a 'F1ZF-' part number

Hope that makes sense

awesome thanks for the help

Oh also I had boughten the c&l housing for the 94 sensor thinking that would fix it. Can I use that same housing on the F1ZF sensor. It should be calibrated to the 24# but i dunno if it will work with this other sensor.

so I put the F1ZF sensor on the 94 housing and it did not surge in idle and no check engine light. thanks for the info!
Did you use that sensor on a C&L housing
or
a 94 Mustang STOCK housing?

On the C&L housing it should be the right sensor (depending on Injector and sample tube diameter, on a 94 Mustang 70mm housing it is the WRONG sensor and should be replaced with the F2VF sensor (assuming you are still using 19's and the A9* ecu).

For the sake of our sanity, please list every relevant part that you currently have, and what you would like to use.
From that list we can work through setting up the right parts combination.

Sample tube diameters
sensors
housings
ecu
injectors