Maf, injector, sct tune question!

womacktrio

Jun 21, 2011
I recently bought an '02 vert mustang gt. It was too good a deal to pass up, new motorcraft motor with two years left on the warranty, new clutch, new fuel pump, rearend maintenance by ford, and the convertible top has been done in the last couple years. The previous owner had started the usual bolt-ons, upper plenum elbow, bbk tb (75mm i think), k&n cai, flowmaster catback, sct email tune. He also did two things I'm unsure of, he installed a lightning maf and polished fuel rails with grey injectors (24lbs?). Now i know the lightning maf had no iat so i reinstalled the old mustang maf sensor with the iat in the lightning maf housing. Luckily he saved all the old parts. What I'm wondering is, can i get an email tune that will work with the bigger injectors and the bigger maf housing or am I going to have to put the old stuff back in? I know neither are necessary with my current setup I'm just curious. I'm posting this before a 12 hr shift so I might not see any responses for a while so I'll thank you ahead of time. I hope I've given enough information; this was my first post.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes an email tune should be able to compensate for the bigger injectors and MAF. Hopefully his SCT tuner was bought from american muscle.... you could potentially get a free bama tune. Before you go looking for that tune I would ask the previous owner if he did install 24lb injectors or not. It is tough to tell which injector size it is from the outside/by the color. My 24# injectors are gray. :shrug:

my 24's are grey too...

keep in mind that when ford started to discontinue the ev1 style injectors, all the new ones came in grey no matter what lb injector they were..

do you have the sct programmer from the previous owner?

Yeah he gave me everything he had for the car including the handheld tuner. I'm gonna try to call him and ask where he bought it from. If I cant get a hold of him I'll just call American Muscle and buy tunes from them. Thanks for the speedy responses.