Maf mystery question.

In the Fox body era, a tune was something you listed to on the radio. AM techs know little or nothing except how to sell you stuff you don't need. The experts are here, on this forum, listen to them.

I'm listening trust me. Why else would I be here. The only way to learn is from people who have been there and done it then go experience it yourself. I don't know much about older mustangs. I've only been told back in the day you didn't have everything computerized like you do nowadays. Hence the reason why tuning is necessary nowadays with newer vehicles. I don't think manufacturers put out new vehicles without first running it and doing a custom tune. How else would the car know what to do. That's my two cents. But I completely agree you can almost build any older car without having it tuned, I've witnessed that first hand.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Mind blown never thought of that fact before I was just starting to dig into upgrading the cars managment system to be able to dyno tune it with a laptop because I can't find anyone in my area that does the mods to the cars cpu. I have tons and tons to learn new at this so sorry of I call parts by wrong name and other new bee mistakes