MAF problems. Quick question.

00VERT GT

Jun 30, 2003
SW Florida
Hey guys I just got off the phone with my mechanic and said my MAF is bad. Now i asked him about cleaning it and he said "no" that it would'nt help. Now am i wrong but can't you just spray some electrical cleaner on it and fix it? i know a new one would put me back a few hundred dollars right? oh and btw the problem i ahd been having that started all this is a very rough idle. i had allready replaced the IAC.
thanks for any help

and god is this site slow :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

the only time that cleaning it will help is if you have some sort of residue on the element. most of the time the MAF needs to be replaced once it starts to act up. have your mechanic clean it and see if that helps. if not, get a new one. :nice:

00VERT GT said:
Hey guys I just got off the phone with my mechanic and said my MAF is bad. Now i asked him about cleaning it and he said "no" that it would'nt help. Now am i wrong but can't you just spray some electrical cleaner on it and fix it? i know a new one would put me back a few hundred dollars right? oh and btw the problem i ahd been having that started all this is a very rough idle. i had allready replaced the IAC.
thanks for any help

and god is this site slow :nonono:

Premium Speed said:
the only time that cleaning it will help is if you have some sort of residue on the element. most of the time the MAF needs to be replaced once it starts to act up. have your mechanic clean it and see if that helps. if not, get a new one. :nice:

:shrug: would a MAF be covered under my warrenty? and if not where would be a good place to get one for a decent price? i know they aren't cheap.

i think it's covered but the only way to know for sure is to call the dealership. i'm not sure how much they are new. you can get them at the dealership or order a stock one from ford racing.

00VERT GT said:
:shrug: would a MAF be covered under my warrenty? and if not where would be a good place to get one for a decent price? i know they aren't cheap.