Magnaflow catted x-pipe

Skidzz

Tinkerbell
Apr 11, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm getting ready to order the magnaflow catted x. That is, if partshopper.com ever gets it back in stock for my car. I need to know 2 things: first, will i need O2 sensor extensions? And, would it be a good idea to go ahead and buy MIL eliminators, or will my engine light stay off?

• Sponsors (?)

You could possibly need MIL eliminators, even though you have aftermarket/hi-flow cats.

Run without them first to see if you throw any codes, then get a set of MIL eliminators or a tuner (xcal2) to rid yourself of the codes.

I've had a Magnaflow Catted-X pipe for 5 years and have never thrown a code. Now that I have the Supercharger installed I turned off the rear O2 sensors (all they do is tell the computer if the cats are working) and installed a wideband O2 in the passenger side rear O2 bung.

Skidzz said:
I'm getting ready to order the magnaflow catted x. That is, if partshopper.com ever gets it back in stock for my car. I need to know 2 things: first, will i need O2 sensor extensions? And, would it be a good idea to go ahead and buy MIL eliminators, or will my engine light stay off?

The mustang shop that installed my magnaflow catted x-pipe told me 5 out of 10 cars will need MIL elims due to the check engine light coming on and the other 5 will still be ok with the increased air flow out the exhaust due to the high flow cats. Oh and I needed 02 sensor extensions.

1. You will not need extenders.
2. MagnaFlow is known for using hi perf cats that work well. They should not throw a code. I'd be surprised if they did.
3. I had my rear O2's turned off about a year after my Xpipe when I had a reflash done.

Summary: No worries!

TacBear said:
I've had a Magnaflow Catted-X pipe for 5 years and have never thrown a code. Now that I have the Supercharger installed I turned off the rear O2 sensors (all they do is tell the computer if the cats are working) and installed a wideband O2 in the passenger side rear O2 bung.

Shouldn't the WBO2 be installed before the cat to get a more accurate reading? :scratch: