Magnapack Mufflers ???!!?? 2000 mustang GT

kosmos

Dec 15, 2008
Ok guys I need some help, I have just changed over from a H pipe to a bbk x pipe used with 2 chamber flowmasters and they sound horrible when i shift gears it cracks and pops cause its not free flowing, so I have made my choice to go with these Speed Concepts - 14416 - MagnaFlow Magnapack Stainless Steel mufflers 2.5" for 1979-2004 Mustang GT/V6/Bullitt/Mach1/Cobra FREE SHIPPING.

I have 2 1/2 o/r x pipe with stock headers going to the flowmasters with stock catback so i want to know since my x pipe is 2 1/2 and my catback is 2 1/4 do I need to order the magnapack 2 1/2 inlet/outlet or the 2 1/4 inlet/outlet.......

I know the muffler shop could customize weld the mufflers to the 2 1/4 stock catback right??? I looked under my car and I cant remember if im using 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inlet/outlet flowmasters, i ordered them like 6 years ago but i do know the x pipe on the car is 2 1/2 inch, so i guess that means the tubing going from the x pipe to the muffler is 2 1/2, Im confused about wether or not a muffler shop can weld in 2 1/2 inlet/outlet mufflers to a 2 1/4 catback???? someone please help thx

EDIT** the part thats confusing me is I have to make the x pipe match up to the muffler just guessing but i get screwed when i get to the catback part cause its 2 1/4 and Im not changing from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 catback cause money's tight right now

EDIT** I just went outside and looked under my car and it looks like my car goes in this order from the looks of the piping hope this helps.......
2 1/2 x pipe, 2 1/4 tubes, 2 1/2 muffler, 2 1/4 catback, 2 1/2 tips

• Sponsors (?)