Magnapacks Installed! WOW!

StngStr

Jun 24, 2003
Central Florida
Magnapacks Installed! vid host needed....

Just got my magnapacks welded in place of my stock mufflers. The rasp from my BBK o/r X isn't as bad now, and it is LOUD as hell! Sounds like a pissed off Nascar! Unbelievable! I love it. :D :banana: :nice: :p

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know how to make a sound clip. What do I need? I have a microphone/webcam on my PC, but it might prove to be a little difficult and detructive (might piss off my wife) to get my car into the computer room! I have a 5.0mp digital camera that will take video clips with audio. Would that work? I'll try that tonight.

It is pretty loud. At idle it just burbles and rumbles real low. Give it some gas and it comes alive! I only drove it about 200 yards (the muffler shop is close to my office), and revved it a bunch in the parking lot for some coworkers/buddies. I'll let ya'll know if it drones bad or would get annoying after my 40 mile drive home from work. Plently of stoplights, and plenty of highway stretches. From what I can tell, it gets both of my thumbs straight up in the air! :nice: :nice:

I can see how it could prove to get annoying to some, but to me...louder is BETTER! I was worried that it would be too raspy, but it's actually less raspy now that it was with stock mufflers and the o/r X. Next is a K&N something (don't know about CAI---worthless, or just a drop in filter with a cut airbox), and then onto the dyno again.

I read at magnaflow.com that putting on a Magnaflow or a Magnapack can boost your horsepower by an approx. 10% so going from a stock hp of 260, you may now have around 286 hp. What did your coworkers think about them?

They were pretty impressed. One girl said it was too loud and asked if I cut holes in my mufflers...hahaha!

Yeah...I think a full 2 1/2 inch catback would give no more than 5 rwhp or so. I just welded in the packs in place of my stock mufflers on the 2 1/4 inch pipes. I'm guessing between the o/r X and the packs I gained between 10-15 rwhp. I did it mostly for the sound, but a few ponies doesn't hurt either. My stock baseline was 231 rwhp, so i'm hoping I'm at 240-245 now. Probably more like 240 rwhp. That's 282 at the engine.

http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/faq/question22.htm

Here is what is says on their website. It's just an average horsepower gain.

Question: How much horsepower can I expect to gain?

Answer:
It's different for every car, but typically expected gains are in the average range of 10%.

Replacing the muffler/exhaust with a MagnaFlow will help your engine increase power by being able to expel exhaust gases quicker. This creates less workload for the engine, makes it run more efficient, and results in better power.

Congrats on getting the Packs! The cat-back alone won't give you too much power maybe 5-7 rwhp. When you couple it to an H or X pipe that is when you pick up the power. I can say that when I installed my Packs and my Pro Chamber it was a completely different car. I still grin from ear to ear everytime I start it up........and it has been about 5 months!!

Magnapacks are bad#*!. They are louder with an H-pipe. Actually everyone said that they are loud but when I got mine coupled with BBK LT's, and modified Bassani X they weren't that loud. And even with the H it's not obnoxius. But when I heard my wife drive off with the car one day I was like whooooooooa. It's a whole new ball game when you hear Magnapacks from outside the car. It's not a exhaust theater inside the car like some exhausts. Right now I have the LT's with an o/r H and the Magnapacks are dumped. All I can say is oh yaaaaaa!!!!!!!. Again it's still not obnoxious inside but outside it's great. They are very deeeeeep and bassy and when you step on it they scream. And I do mean they scream.

Magnapacks rule!

Congratulations, wise choice... :nice:

When searching for a catback system I thought the Magnaflows sounded the best. When I talked to one of the Magnaflow techs he stated that the Magnapacks were twice as loud as the Magnaflows. After that statement I knew what I wanted. :D I love the sound with the stock H-pipe but I think it's going to sound even better with the matching Magnaflow X-pipe. Spreadman has some video clips on his website...
http://www.spreadman.net/