Mail Order Hotrods

I'm waiting on a Vortech kit that is being "drop shipped" from Vortech. Monday will be 2 weeks since I paid for it. I thought I was told 7-10 days until I received it so i requested a tracking number Friday becaus I was curious as to where it was. Well it hasn't been shipped yet. I was explained that its 10-12 business days before its shipped because every kit is "custom" put together and head units are inspected for tolerance. The tolerance part I kinda get but the custom kit part is hard to buy since it's the run of the mill kit for a stock mustang. But anyway it'll be shipped on the 9th allegedly. Sucks I've been watching for the UPS like a kid on Xmas eve n it hasn't even left yet
im from bc,so everything i order i go down to the us to pick up,you guys are lucky out there with all the options where to buy parts,never mind the free shipping.....the places out here basicly order from the us and mark it up im sure,plus you have to wait for ever!!!.....never stock most things so sucks if your working on somthing you want to get done....id wrather click click click and go pick it up and done...

• Sponsors (?)

im from bc,so everything i order i go down to the us to pick up,you guys are lucky out there with all the options where to buy parts,never mind the free shipping.....the places out here basicly order from the us and mark it up im sure,plus you have to wait for ever!!!.....never stock most things so sucks if your working on somthing you want to get done....id wrather click click click and go pick it up and done...
It's pretty much the same way here buddie at least in my neck of the woods anyway. No shops near me so it's pretty much catalog shopping. They should have a home shopping channel for auto parts.

Reactions: 1 user
In my hometown we used to have a Super Shops that had a lot of parts. I remember when I needed a part I could go to the parts counter at Kragen and explain what I needed and they would know exactly what I needed and where to go get it from the back. Now...... gd luck. Most have no idea when it comes to cars. Heck, if the computer says it doesn't work for that car or the car didn't come with a certain option stock when it did...... good luck arguing that point.

Sometimes I get lucky and I am able to buy online for in a store pickup and it is cheaper. I bought rotors like that and the counter guy was shocked at how much cheaper on got them online.

i just wait till i hear all the neighborhood dogs barking and then the truck shows...

i have good and bad with online shopping but places will RMA something back no problem these days...