MAK's official AOD to T-5 THREAD (?'s)

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
hello guys(and maybe 1-2 gals),
i got around to it today,and have majority of it done.now i know i have been asking questions and starting threads but now things are more hands on and make more since.
I got the Aod,tranny lines,tv-cable,auto shifter/cable,and drive shaft out! I tore my old leaky rear main seal out and replaced it!:nice: Got the manual flywheel bolted up, and pilot bearing in. now i just have to figure out how to make room for the t-5 and other wiring stuff. i see where the back up light harness clicks onto the t-5 but have no idea where it connects to, and there is another wire thats already apart of the t-5 that has the same style connection as the harness:shrug: under the ar the only thing left is the speedo cable, and maybe one other wire i cant remeber.:mad:

my instructions say that i need to open the shifter whole up. but it looks big enough.. if i do have to make space, do i want to cut the hole bigger towards the firewall or towards the rear end. im assumiong its not wider just lengthening the hole!?!?!?!?

as for a firewall adjuster, i dont see how it is gonna help,in fact it looks like it will just adjust loose after some play! but i shimmed of the plastic pieces and sled it over anyway, now i jsut have to find a screw to put in to fasten it to the firewall. but this is where im confused, cause the cable itself has an adjusting nut and i have no idea where to start. do i connect the cable to the quad and pull it completely over or half way:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: .......

i need help, im very impressed with my overall progress, and will take pics once it is all in. just to prove it to you guys! i havnt posted one pic of my car yet cause i want it to be a red curtain event!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

you're going to want to open up the shifter hole more towards the firewall, otherwise, the top two bolts for the shifter are going to be hard to access and it's going to make removing the shifter and filling the tranny with fluid from inside the car a PITA. as for the firewall adjuster, which one did you go with? if you got the cheap $20 no name ones, i wouldn't even bother with it. it'll constantly back out of adjustment and will probably seize up on you eventually. go with a quality unit such as steeda's newer click ones, UPR's extreme one or the one i have, a Pro 5.0 one. i haven't TOUCHED the adjustment on my clutch cable since i put it in last May. i'm assuming you figured out how to install the firewall adjuster onto the cable/firewall; when installing the cable, first run it through the firewall and hook it to the quadrant under the dash. next, get under the car run the cable through the bellhousing. using a pry bar or something of the like, put pressure on the clutch fork and run the cable into the fork. when doing this part, put the adjustment nut on the cable at the very end of the threads to make it easier to get the cable on the fork. after that, back the nut and jam nut to about halfway on the threads, a little tighter if you think necessary. after you get the cable attached to the clutch fork, go back under the hood and bolt the cable to the frame rail. after that, all the adjustment for the clutch can be done from the firewall adjuster! good luck!

WELL THE t-5 got too spin the tires but the interior is a mess!!!!!! i'll be cleaning for amonth:rolleyes: :rolleyes: the difference is night and day, i cant catch traction(wet road)!!! where as the aod would spin for only a little bit on wet roads:rlaugh:
im :D :D :D . but its still doggish with the 2.73's!!!!!! so 3.55's or 3.73 here i come:)

the only problem i have is my clutch probably needs adjusted! it feals like half the pedal motion is doing all the work!!!! and the firewall adjuster is above and beyond me,so its there for looks! i need help on this part, but the car shifted good except when i got trigger happy and tried to slam second and since my cable isnt perfect i grined some gearage! at least this stuff is used:shrug: someone told me there needs to be play in the pedal but like i said above only half the pedal motion is doing anything, like i have to hit the carpet to make it feal right. i want full use of the pedal? but what do i know.

also as for the whole manual and auto corssmember and exhaust hanger thing......
i had absolutely NO problem reusing them! all i did was cut a notch in my left side exhaust hanger and when i mounted it up it bent to what it needed:p, but i also installed the mac x-pipe,maybe that made tings easier which i must say sounds like a pissed off bumble bee(maybe i am a hpipe guy afterall) but i have no mufflers!!!!and now im considering magnaflows to quite her down some:shrug:

also my reverse lights dont work! i knew they wouldnt i had a connection just hanging...so i need to work on that! help me!!!!!

oh yah some pics! for proof. i am an official aod-to- T5 medium-essional:rlaugh:
these are only during and after(underneath the car only) maybe the underneath pic can help me with my revere light problem! pls excuse the messy carm its work in progress and the work area is an outdoor hellwhole,but it works, until we lay cement!!!! oh yah, notice the 69 stang through the window :)
dsc00030ze1.th.jpg
dsc00029ta7.th.jpg
dsc00028jp6.th.jpg
dsc00027yl0.th.jpg
dsc00026do3.th.jpg
dsc00031xh1.th.jpg
dsc00024pf6.th.jpg
dsc00025yv5.th.jpg

Cool. Mak Performance in hialeah? My dad also had a 69 mach 1 in 1994-1997 and then a red 1987 GT hatchback that had the mak performance sticker on the front windshield back in 1998-1999. Now I have an AOD 93 GT convertible. How much was the t-5 kit?:SNSign: