Man...long time no update... TILL TODAY

xoxbxfx

Founding Member
May 9, 2001
Southlake, TX
Well, I finally got off my butt after talking to a kid on the internet looking for a 69 stang. I havent worked on teh car in MONTHS and its been sitting without floorpans, motor, tranny, interior, fuel setup or anything. Well, today I got the floorpans in and tomorrow morning Im gonna por15 the interior and hoping to get the interior in before noon tomorrow.

Next is the electrical harness...Im using a EZ wiring universal kit, hoping it will go smooth.

Anyways... To the questions:

Which motor should I put in the car??
EFI 302
393 stroker

I need to decide because I need to figure out the wiring. I would really like to fuel inject the 351, so I was sorta thinking of dropping in the 302 for now until I save up for some 351 efi stuff.

Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck with the harness, I haven't heard much about the EZ kit, let us know how it goes. I might be going down the same road soon.

As for the engine, I say throw the 5.0 in there. Beat around with it for a while, and when you're ready for a stronger block/ more power fuel inject the 351. I was just talking with my bud today about doing the efi swap in my stang. He's got an 11 second n/a smallblock that does 10's on the spray. He's looking to ditch it and go with an efi 351 like I am. So, I might do the 302 swap first and get all the wiring and stuff out of the way. Later on will come a 351, or sooner depending on how this summer goes.

Have you driven the stang with each engine? Which do you like better?

never driven it with the 302. Its a fresh built motor never fired or anything. The 393 dyno'd at 445.8hp and 500ftlbs or torque. Fun motor. If I put the 393 in, I need to go get a new carb. If I do the 302 I need an efi fuel setup.

bnickel said:
shouldn't have sold the efi setup for the 393, huh :D

I wish I didnt get rid of all the 393 EFI stuff but if I didnt I wouldnt have my new GTand I would have to use my project as a daily driver. When I do the efi swap on the 393, it wont be as crazy as last time... I dont need 42lb injectors and as crazy of a fuel system as last time

xoxbxfx said:
I wish I didnt get rid of all the 393 EFI stuff but if I didnt I wouldnt have my new GTand I would have to use my project as a daily driver. When I do the efi swap on the 393, it wont be as crazy as last time... I dont need 42lb injectors and as crazy of a fuel system as last time

Now you're talkin. :nice:

I know the GT has been a good driver for you. Ya know if you sold that bike after the good riding season is over, you'd have what it takes to get your 69 in prime shape. Not that I wan't to talk you out of another toy (and I do love my toy), but even if I'm the only one on SN, I'd like to take a run at that coupe maybe at Kennedale. No matter what combo you go with you'll blow my doors off, but I'm OK with that. :nice: