Manual brakes/steering?

jivepepper

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2002
Under a Sombrero. in WV.
I'm pondering the idea of going to a manual brake and steering set up.

I'm pretty sold on the skinny kid manual brake kit minus the line lock and the flaming river manual steering rack kit.

My question is how do I eliminate the power steering pump. If I remove the pump how would I route the belt?

• Sponsors (?)

The brakes are going to be your biggest worry. The 99+ GT's use some pretty big pistons up front so they need a lot of force. Your right calf is going to be HUGE along with your forearms and left leg if you have a stiff clutch. Who needs a gym!!

Are you looking to get more horespower?? Cause your not gonna feel a difference... you might get 3-4 hp tops, But I don't think it's worth the hassle. I new a guy who did it on his srt-4 and he crashed it cause he couldn't turn it. I'm not saying its a bad idea, you have a method to madness just like I do, but I think the neg. outgain the pos. IMO

Are you looking to get more horespower?? Cause your not gonna feel a difference... you might get 3-4 hp tops, But I don't think it's worth the hassle. I new a guy who did it on his srt-4 and he crashed it cause he couldn't turn it. I'm not saying its a bad idea, you have a method to madness just like I do, but I think the neg. outgain the pos. IMO

You also lose the weight of the heavy power master cylinder system. The weight of the power steering pump, and lines. The manual steering rack is also lighter. I will also remove the abs pump. bracket and module. All this comes off the front of the car where it is needed most.

Plus on my app. it might free a little more than 3-4hp.

You also lose the weight of the heavy power master cylinder system. The weight of the power steering pump, and lines. The manual steering rack is also lighter. I will also remove the abs pump. bracket and module. All this comes off the front of the car where it is needed most.

Plus on my app. it might free a little more than 3-4hp.

You are probably right, didn't take that in to account, but still I don't think your gonna feel it... then again, every little bit counts. Right?:nice: