• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Map sensor

  • Thread starter Thread starter miser143
  • Start date Start date Aug 4, 2026
M

miser143

New Member
Oct 2, 2024
15
1
3
New york
Aug 4, 2026
#1
  • Aug 4, 2026
  • #1
I have a 1991 mustang gt question does the map sensor suppose to have a vacuum line attached to it because since I had the car I never seen one on it.
 

91AOD5.0LX

I have a slight sag in my rear
5 Year Member
Feb 20, 2021
1,085
1,026
133
Lake George NY
Aug 4, 2026
#2
  • Aug 4, 2026
  • #2
miser143 said:
I have a 1991 mustang gt question does the map sensor suppose to have a vacuum line attached to it because since I had the car I never seen one on it.
Click to expand...
Nope.
Just has the electric harness
 

91AOD5.0LX

I have a slight sag in my rear
5 Year Member
Feb 20, 2021
1,085
1,026
133
Lake George NY
Aug 4, 2026
#3
  • Aug 4, 2026
  • #3
86-88 cars (MAP) sensor does have a vacuum line.

89-93 cars (BAP) sensor does not have a vacuum line.


(Courtesy TMoss / LMR)
 
Last edited: Aug 4, 2026

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,161
4,251
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 4, 2026
#4
  • Aug 4, 2026
  • #4
With the exception of the 88 mass air California cars. They do not have a vacuum line on the MAP sensor.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
147
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
G
Hello and Instrument Wiring
  • GT Jon
  • Jul 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
150
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 6, 2026
Mustang5L5
G
Idle surging after warm up
  • GALLY3309
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
206
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 10, 2026
Noobz347
B
A/C Issues
  • Boats90GT
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
159
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?