mas air swap w/ fuel pump issue

mike3488

May 23, 2010
alright guys, i spent the last hour looking this up here with no luck (i think my issue may be a little unique), so here goes...

my car:

1988 5.0 speed density car that i have been wanting to convert to maf. A mechanic i know told me he had everything i need so i bought from him 1 a9p computer, stock mas air meter, 1 wiring harness, all i believe out of a 91 5.0.

my problem:

i installed everything. turn the key on and instantly notice the fuel pump isnt going on. i know there isnt a problem with the fuel pump or the relay switch becuase they worked fine before the swap.

has anyone done a similar conversion using the harness from a newer fox and run into a similar issue?

• Sponsors (?)

The 91 harness is not plug anf play with an 88. You would need the 89 computer harness for that.

Best advice I can give you. Is use the 88 harness and convert it over to Mass Air by adding the mass air wires to it, along with moving a few pins around. Do a google search for Mass Air conversion, and a stangnet article should show up. That's your cheapest route at this point, and one that promotes less headaches.