• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Master Cylinder faulty?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Edster
  • Start date Start date Jun 2, 2008

Edster

Founding Member
Aug 13, 2000
500
1
19
League City, Texas
Jun 2, 2008
#1
  • Jun 2, 2008
  • #1
I decided to swap out the 3.50 gear for the 3.00 limited slip. I reckoned I'd replace the axle seals and rear wheel cylinders (which really needed it). Well I had some one help me bleed the brakes and it seems there is very little pressure and volume after having bled them for a while. It feels like there is a leak when you pump the pedal but I checked under the car and around all the brake system and found no evidence of leakage.

Could it be the master cylinder? If it is I wonder if I should get the kit and rebuid it or buy a new/rebuilt one. BTW it is a manual factory disc brake set up.
Any insights?
 
7

75 mustang II

New Member
Nov 22, 2005
109
0
0
Jun 2, 2008
#2
  • Jun 2, 2008
  • #2
pressure

A quick way to tell would be to pull the line off the proportioning valve and see what pressure you have before and after the valve.I had the same problem and it was the valve.Hope it helps
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
68 manual disc/drum master cylinder
  • Butchd88
  • May 27, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
105
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
Butchd88
B
O
1967 Manual Drum Brakes , replaced the master cylinder and the brake light switch but the brakes lights stay on.
  • OldNSloww
  • Jul 14, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
7
Views
418
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jul 16, 2025
horse sence
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
225
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
D
Brakes 1966 Mustang convertible 289, Auto - Disc brake conversion issues
  • DRGunn427
  • Feb 26, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
775
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jul 23, 2026
All Stock93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?