maximum motorsports K member installed!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
Finally got it all done today. It was alot of BS & drama to get this done in time because There were a few obstacles along the way, but it all came together today. Im trying to have this thing back on the road asap & I will be out of town for a while. It was imperitive I got it done today since my buddy who installed the K member can only do the work on mondays....Gotta say thanks to Jorel for all his hard work with the install, & Streakmatt, BabyLove, & Brandon for coming through big time with the help also....:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Just when I thought you couldn't mod that Mach any more Epik, you go and do something like this.....You are making that car a masterpiece. Its perfect! K-member puts the front wheels back in the fenderwell where they should be. Thats my only complaint about my 18x9 fr500's is they stick out a tad bit too much. That car has to handle like a race car!

Very VERY Sweeeeeet car :nice::nice:

before i compliment your car and work. I have a couple newbie questions, how does the new k-member help with suspension? is it jus stronger material for better support? and lol, this has been a question for years...whats the bumpsteer kit for? lol

but overall, like always man, its lookin real good.

Thanks...The new k member setup is arounds 40-45lbs lighter than stock for better weight distribution & overall weight loss from the car, & the geometry is much improved for dramatically better handling. The MM k member is the strongest tubular k available, but I doubt its stronger than stock though. As far as the bumpsteer kit, I will let this quote from MM's website explain it....

You will need one of these kits to correct and adjust the bumpsteer on your Mustang, after making changes to control arm position or geometry, or if significantly increasing caster.

Bumpsteer is a term for the situation where the front toe changes as the suspension moves up and down. If the toe changes more than a very small amount it will cause the car to change direction, making the car unstable and unpredictable. MM offers two types of Adjustable Tie-Rod Ends. The tapered stud type can be used to make moderate changes to the geometry. It is best suited for use with a stock Mustang K-member, and does not require any modification to the spindle. The bolt-through spindle type has a much wider range of adjustment. It is required for most situations when installing a MM K-Member and requires drilling out the tapered hole in the spindle to accept a 5/8" bolt.

Just when I thought you couldn't mod that Mach any more Epik, you go and do something like this.....You are making that car a masterpiece. Its perfect! K-member puts the front wheels back in the fenderwell where they should be. Thats my only complaint about my 18x9 fr500's is they stick out a tad bit too much. That car has to handle like a race car!

Very VERY Sweeeeeet car :nice::nice:

Thanks bro....Actually the K member widened the front track by 1/4" so it made the wheels stick out even more, but I installed 94/95 spindles which are 8mm narrower than 96-04 spindles. This put the wheels right where they should be....The car handles like a race car for sure....

Sweet car, great choices in suspension setup. Can't go wrong with MM! I was happy just to replace my rear upper control arms and diff. bushings! They were in bad shape,the rear end walked all over under torque. What a difference in handling. Now I can take enjoy the other sup. mods like my springs, struts/shocks, and c/c plates.

BTW, the MM diff. bushing tool is worth every penny! Made for a painless first time experience. I went with the FRPP uppers and OE diff. bushings.

How soon before we do the next mod???

Did you ever do the T/A? I don't recall if you did or didn't.

Not yet...I wish, but it keeps getting put on the back burner for other stuff...It will get done 1 day though....

Sweet car, great choices in suspension setup. Can't go wrong with MM! I was happy just to replace my rear upper control arms and diff. bushings! They were in bad shape,the rear end walked all over under torque. What a difference in handling. Now I can take enjoy the other sup. mods like my springs, struts/shocks, and c/c plates.

BTW, the MM diff. bushing tool is worth every penny! Made for a painless first time experience. I went with the FRPP uppers and OE diff. bushings.

How soon before we do the next mod???

Thanks....MM is the best out there for corner carving with street durability IMO...

I have that diff tool & used it on my old cobra to change the shot diff bushings...Its the Chit!!!

are you sure the k-member is square? because the distance from the top of the tires out to the fenders isnt equal, from what i can see in the picks. I know that the body of our cars isnt even close to being square but i thought i'd make sure and throw it out there.

are you sure the k-member is square? because the distance from the top of the tires out to the fenders isnt equal, from what i can see in the picks. I know that the body of our cars isnt even close to being square but i thought i'd make sure and throw it out there.

Yeah, its square, burt like you said the car isnt perfect. What part are you referring to though?

Yeah, its square, but like you said the car isnt perfect. What part are you referring to though?