May be Leaving!

• Sponsors (?)

heh, tell me about it. my monthly payment is $3,390. of that, $2,043 is for the principal and interest, the rest for the escrow for the property tax and insurance.

and that is with a 4.5% interest rate.

and the house isn't a monster or anything like that, about 2800 square feet or so WITH NO GARAGE. a bigger and better house in atlanta would probably go for about $400k, ours cost $930k 5 years ago.

the cost of houses and living here in bethesda is freaking ridiculous. but this is where my wife and i grew up and it is our home. :shrug:

heh, tell me about it. my monthly payment is $3,390. of that, $2,043 is for the principal and interest, the rest for the escrow for the property tax and insurance.

and the house isn't a monster or anything like that, about 2800 square feet or so WITH NO GARAGE. a bigger and better house in atlanta would probably go for about $400k, ours cost $930k 5 years ago.

the cost of houses and living here in bethesda is freaking ridiculous. but this is where my wife and i grew up and it is our home. :shrug:

Not to jack 94GTlaserRC's thread- but I know what you mean, houses are not cheap around DC metro area. I just bought house in MD for $507k that was close to $900k when it was built in 2006, but I got 5700sqft and a 3 car garage paying $3200 per month :nice: Plus I still got my first house waiting to be rented for $1300 per month with utilities :notnice:

94GTlaserRC- the new 5.0 is def a bad ass car, but I like our exclusivity. Too bad you couldn't keep it and buy a new one.

Sweet mother Mary, thank god I'm in Atlanta. We just opened a base at Dulles, and I'm glad I didn't go, even though I would be number 4 in my seat. I got a 2215 square foot house with a 4 car garage, on one acre of land outside Atlanta for $147K. My mortgage is $1002/month with taxes, insurance and everything.

Kurt

I'd love a black convertable with black top and white interior. Say another 2000 for wheels and tires (19x10s), 1500 bucks for headers back, and 500 bucks for a tune and I'd never touch the car again, cruising around in my 12 second car with air conditioning, idling at 650 rpms, and MPG in the high 20s.

Some day.

Adam

Yes while it is very awesome Id rather have no payment ( 1 more year for me) and still have as much HP w/ a lower insurance rate.

But having a brand new car thats quiet inside, no rattles or squeaky parts is nice as well.

I would sell my current one.. I Have $15k on top of what i would get for my stang and my hoopty, so i have the potential of putting $25k down, so the payment would be minimal. I work too hard and have too little time to worry about the current stang, as much as I love it. The 2011 is supposed to be under 13 sec 1/4 right off the floor. 20+ mpg, A/C, comfort, warranty, etc. Im down to 14 years left on my mortgage of under $2500 total. I think it's time. I would probably order it with 373's and get an after market exhaust and keep it like that for awhile.

Let me know if someone is interested in MY current stang...besides paint and seats, it doesnt need anymore money put in it...only a little time and TLC.
RC

I would sell my current one.. I Have $15k on top of what i would get for my stang and my hoopty, so i have the potential of putting $25k down, so the payment would be minimal. I work too hard and have too little time to worry about the current stang, as much as I love it. The 2011 is supposed to be under 13 sec 1/4 right off the floor. 20+ mpg, A/C, comfort, warranty, etc. Im down to 14 years left on my mortgage of under $2500 total. I think it's time. I would probably order it with 373's and get an after market exhaust and keep it like that for awhile.

Let me know if someone is interested in MY current stang...besides paint and seats, it doesnt need anymore money put in it...only a little time and TLC.
RC
wtf is a hoopty?

i guess it's time to update your sig ... especially the part that says, "definately NOT selling car now" :)

wtf is a hoopty?

Are you kidding me? You dont know what that is? That's the term we all use for the daily driver (or beater car, if you will). I have a 2001 Accord in really good driving condition that's worth over $4k on the resale market.

Ill just leave the sig..like to confuse people.
RC

i guess i'm a n00b .. i did not know what was the term for it. i wonder where it came from.

i also just recently figured out that FTW meant "for the win". at least i hope that is what it means ...

maybe i'm just slow

as of now, we are planing on buy a 2014 for a 50th anniversary edition. I love the news but if i'm going to buy a new car i want it to be something special.

EDIT: and the wife won't let me sell this one. We have to buy the other one outright.

as of now, we are planing on buy a 2014 for a 50th anniversary edition. I love the news but if i'm going to buy a new car i want it to be something special.

EDIT: and the wife won't let me sell this one. We have to buy the other one outright.
you lucky bastard. my wife hates my stang and has been nagging me for the last 2 years to sell it.
I also just turned 46. I'm going to try to wait on the 2014 stang. 50 year anniversary for us both.
I hope they will have something decent enough in 4 years. It should be about time for the next update then.
2014 will be my 30th wedding anniversary. i turn 50 this year.
You can expand that to FTMFW!!!
:lol: i think i get it ... :D