May have to sell it, est. value anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

allcarfan said:
well, i saw your mods in your sig. Depending on the body/interior condition...I think you could get 9k for it if its in nice condition.

Man, find me a vert classic with those mods & in nice condition for $9K and I'll buy ten!!!! (not literally, but I think your estimate is very low....then again I don't know the market in your neck of the woods.)

I'd guess at least $15K.

65fastback2+2 said:
this isnt "the price is right"

Well, I feel it is the fairest estimate given the wealth of information and pics provided to do such an evaluation. Sort of like calling a doctor and saying "Doc, it hurts right here, what could it be?"

Sorry for the lack of info folks. I have been working my tail off this season and have not had the slightest bit of time to work on her. Having to MAYBE sell it was a shock, so my post was a knee jerk reaction.

I don't have any pics as the car is in more than a few pieces. Here is a list of the work that has been done to date and what is remaining: New floor pans (full) easier that cutting and pasting, Engine bay completely sanded, holes filled and painted (black low gloss), New Orig tool fenders, Cobra Automotive glass front end, hood blasted, preped and primed, Complete new interior, new power top, stripped entire underside by hand and coated with Por15, new axles, 3.55 center and drums, Performance leafs, Kybs front and rear, 620 springs, Sway bars front and rear, subframe connectors, Aluminum Rad. and trans cooler, Battery relocated and apron mod to driver's side, 5.0 EFI conversion, (engine mods in sig), Boyd Coddington Smoothie 2's 17x8, Yokohama Avid A4S tires, Pioneer deck w/ CD in original location (modified the face plate) Polk speakers, RF 10x2 subs, RF amps, Shelby bullet side mirrors, side scoops, GT rear valance with 2.5" exhaust through Flow50's and H pipe. Color is still to be decided. Interior is Black.

Still to do: Strip, and reprime body, prep for paint. Will do a darker or brighter version of the original blue with white or silvergray stripes. (Original was Acapulco Blue)

Ok? Got a mental pic? Can we now shoot for more than $1? :shrug:

between 13-15k if the paint job turns out well. Sadly enough, alot of the mods you've done don't add value to the car. Granted, if its exactly what soemone else is looking for, I could see them paying towards the high end of the scale. As far as the general market is concerned, its just a clean 68 vert with a 5.0. However, values seem to be regional. You might want to get an auto trader magazine for your area and see what similar cars are selling for.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think tastefully-done restomods are pulling in more $ than stockers these days (on non-collectible models, like plain jane coupes, verts, and fastbacks, anyway). If you have to sell, don't just put it in your local paper and wait for the local tire-kickers to come wandering around, most of whom will have nothing in their pockets but lint and bubble gum wrappers...go for a websales site like collectorcartraderonline.com or Ebay. that's where you'll likely get your best $.

I'd still say that you could get at least $15K in the right area, and if it's very nice when you've put it back together, I don't think $20K + is unreasonable, either. It's all a matter of finding the right buyer.

FYI: I just did a quick nationwide search on collectorcartraderonline.com for 67-68 verts and the prices were from 1500 for a complete basket case parts car to over $50K for a regular vert (non shelby)

A few folks had emailed me out of forum with concerns. So here is the situation. I was going to buy a second house that I could refurbish over the winter, and then rent it out or sell it in the spring. I am still looking at doing this but I think that I can swing not selling my baby.

Thanks Kevin, for the offer to help. I think that I will be ok on the work. I could use your source for the late model to early model Power Steering fittings though. I tried calling but the phone just range no Ans. Mach. Call me when you get a moment, or email is fine too.

Thanks everybody for your input. When it is completed I will post the entire process with pics and have a party. :banana: