mechanic in Idaho

95five-0

Oct 23, 2003
Mountain Home, ID
Hey guys I don't know if anyone here is from Idaho, but I need to find a mechanic. I want to get some 3:73's and a shift kit put in my car. The only people in my **** hole town are either shady and do half a** work or they rob you blind. The lowest quote I could get on a gear install (this is just the gears not the gears and shift kit) was 700-800 dollars. Anyway if any one know one around the boise area that would be grear. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

My younger brother knows a guy who does his tranny work for him and does a great job, also another guy that you could try is Restoration Rods by Rule, he owns a crap load of stangs, he is in eagle idaho. I'll track down the name of the guy my bro uses and let you know D

saxman9801 said:
My younger brother knows a guy who does his tranny work for him and does a great job, also another guy that you could try is Restoration Rods by Rule, he owns a crap load of stangs, he is in eagle idaho. I'll track down the name of the guy my bro uses and let you know D

Thanks for the help. So I called four different ford dealer and here are the quotes I got

1800 :bs:

I think that is crazy how differnt they can be. Do you guy think they would talk to each other. I was thinking of calling the one in town (the 800 dollar one) and saying another told me 375 and see what they say.