Mechanical Issue

JMattD

Aug 2, 2014
Okay so I've run into a problem, and this just happened out of nowhere. When I started my car today it just died immediately after. Also when you turn the key but, do not start the car, there's a noise that I believe is the fuel pump. Now I can normally hear it for just a few seconds, but today it just continued without stopping. Which leads me to believe that something is wrong with the fuel pump, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

No info about your car's model year, EFI or carb, no mods listed. Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

Therefore, no clue as to which version of the fuel pump troubleshooter you need. The wiring changed several times between 86 & 93.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good Stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.