Metal bar on back of intake...what is it for?

RIXX93GT

Founding Member
Oct 10, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
I am replacing my stock 93GT motor with a new 347 and cant remember what this metal bar is bolted to the back of the intake. It bolts to a stud on the drivers side rear intake to head bolt. Goes over to the other side of the intake and has an open end slot like it attaches to something else. I cant remember for the life of me what else this was attached to. Its like a 1/4" round piece of steel maybe 6 inches long. Anybody clue me in if I even need it anymore? Oh and one other thing, there is a ground on the injector harness coming off the passenger side, could htis be where it goes? If so cant I just ground it somewhere else?

• Sponsors (?)

is there also a ground in the harnus? cause i pulled out mine and there was an orange wire stuck on somthing down the bakc of the motor and i just pulled it out. i didnt notice any repercution but i would like to know.

does anyone have a picture of this thing....when i put my cobra intake on i never noticed anything on the back of the stock intake. im not worried about it, i just want to know what it looks like