• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

MGW Ltd Short Shifter Yay or Nay

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jmanbigd
  • Start date Start date Oct 1, 2007
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

fudleyd

New Member
Jan 10, 2003
180
0
0
Littleton, CO
Oct 2, 2007
#21
  • Oct 2, 2007
  • #21
I probably would have ended up with an MGW too if I hadn't got such a good deal on the Pro 5.0--I am glad I got it though as I love it!
 
M

mklovell

New Member
Jun 19, 1999
29
0
1
Fremont, Ohio
Oct 6, 2007
#22
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #22
What everyoe else said and more about the MGW. I've shifted with all the competitors and MGW rules. Like someone else said, if you do any drag racing at WOT, you'll appreciate having it. With the adjustments you can make to it, third gear speed shifting is not so scary anymore........
 

Skidzz

Tinkerbell
Apr 11, 2005
328
1
19
Salt Lake City, UT
Oct 6, 2007
#23
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #23
MGW = YAY
 

BlackenedSVT

Active Member
Jan 18, 2004
1,841
7
38
New Jersey
Oct 6, 2007
#24
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #24
You're kidding me right? is this a serious post?

you should have already bought the MGW!!! Get on it man!!! its amazing!
 

BlackenedSVT

Active Member
Jan 18, 2004
1,841
7
38
New Jersey
Oct 6, 2007
#25
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #25
the98stang said:
Most people love the MGW...but I can't see myself spending $200 just for a short throw
Click to expand...

Its $180 for the MGW and aren't ALL other short shifters $150??? Its worth every penny more, even if it was $50+ more
 

yomadmike

New Member
Jul 17, 2002
55
0
0
Birmingham
Oct 7, 2007
#26
  • Oct 7, 2007
  • #26
I got an MGW to replace a Pro 5.0 shifter and it was as noticeable as replacing the stocker with the Pro 5.0. If for no other reason get it because you can put the handle in any position you want. My 5th gear is now where 3rd used to be. Had it a year and never regretted it one day.
 

ACSPONY

20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 10, 2004
711
2
19
Ohio
Oct 7, 2007
#27
  • Oct 7, 2007
  • #27
Had one in my 89. If the install wasn't such a PITA (damn fox interior) I'd put one in my 93 in a heartbeat.
 
B

brianmef

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 19, 2003
138
0
16
Oct 12, 2007
#28
  • Oct 12, 2007
  • #28
Get an MGW. I've read some people say something like it's way to hard to shift but it's not! For example, shifting from 4th to 5th, you just lean it over a tad and it goes right in. It's NOT like a stock shifter. I've had mine for a couple of days now and I wish I would have had one from the day I bought my car. Shifting is so precise! You feel it click into place when you go from one gear to the next and I love that. It's the way it should be. Just my two cents.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
447
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
2
SJB Parasitic Draw, Fuse 59&67
  • 2005 Mustang V6
  • Apr 30, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
210
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Tuesday at 1:13 PM
boatillo
B
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
447
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Progress Thread The Mach Returns - Update/build thread
  • squeak93
  • Feb 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
634
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Thursday at 1:30 PM
squeak93
D
97 V6 suspension upgrades
  • Dale1bre
  • Jan 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
430
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jan 19, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?