Midpipe ? on a 2003 GT

jared1993

Mar 2, 2008
NJ
Hey guys...

I might be purchasing a 5 speed 2003 GT fairly soon. Currently it is basically stock. Has K&N cold air and PYPES 2 1/2" mufflers. If I wanted to change the midpipe to the pypes offroad X...can I do it? Or do I need to use another brand that would work? Basically can I fit the X-pipe to the stock manifolds...then to the stock exhaust...or will I need a new catback as well? I'd do LT's but wouldn't have the $$$. Also, what else would I need. I've done a little searching...apparently I'd need a new passenger side gasket, 02's, and mil elim's?

Thanks for the help guys:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

MIL elims apparently are not being made anymore... so you'll have to deal with the check engine light, somehow figure out the diagrams on DIY mil elims or get a tuner. Midpipes are just swapping out the stock h and a straight forward bolt on to the stock hardware

OK...so another ?...With the offroad X-pipe, would the car still have the "pre-cats"?

If I decided to get the Pypes CATTED X(I really don't want the CEL light on) I assume the car will still have 4. That kind of defeats the purpose. I really don't think the car needs 4 cats:nonono:

You dont need new oxygen sensors to change your mid pipe. No you will not have your pre cats anymore, all the cats are located on the mid pipe. A catted mid pipe has 2 cats and an off road has none. I dont know what is legal in your state but you cant remove any cats in california. Yes you can change out only your mid pipe if you want the stock headers and cat back work fine.

Installing the X-pipe is pretty easy besides one bolt on the passenger side. you will find out which one. Make sure you change or check the metal gasket that connects the mid-pipe to the header. In california you can only replace your cats if they are malfunctioning or if it has over a certain amount of miles. Ive got the Pypes off road x and the SLP lM1 catback and let me tell you it is pretty loud but i love the sound. anyways good luck.