Might have Fried computer during first start after Turbo Engine Swap!!!

Ok, So I put an 88 Turbo Coupe Motor into my 92 Mustang following Stinger's directions to a T. The car attempted to start and coughed for about 2 seconds, the timing is off too I know. But anyways After that brief start attempt the fuel pump does not shut off when I have the key on! Usually when you rotate the key to on the pump will prime and stop, It just keeps on pumping, checked pressure at the shrader valve, it is at 40psi while pumping. What turns off the fuel pump? I might have broken the IRCM as it's connector was wedged between the turbo and and strut tower and the connector at the housing might have been flexed. But anyways, Key on pump on and stays on, Key off pump turns off. Pump won't shut off. Hope I didn't fry the computer. Thanks for all the help.

P.S. the IRCM is the stock one out of the 92 Stinger didn't say to swap the IRCM with the turbocoupe one, maybe that might be it. Hmmm.

• Sponsors (?)

check your splices, etc. sounds like something came loose. I had a pin back out on the ecu connector...it was one that went to the vam and the car would crank and die immediately no matter what I did until I started probing the pin connector and that one just sort of snapped back in...

then it cranked right up and ran like a champ.

oh, and go fix your stupid timing before you try to crank the car first :rolleyes:

Problem Fixed!!!!

Hi Stinger, Mis-understood your swap instructions for the 4th wire for the VAF that goes to the baro sensor. I hooked the 4th wire from the factory harness to the baro sensor not the wire for the VAF connector, this causes the computer to go berzerk and not list codes or open injectors but will run the fuel pump constantly when the key is on. Thanks for all the swap info you posted on your site and email me when you get your stock bolt in FMIC as I will be one of your first customers. [email protected]
Thanks Stinger! :hail2:

~Crit Scholer
San Jose, CA