Minor problems

wheelyman19

Mar 31, 2008
Last year i did a motor swap in my 95 mustang, went from a v6, to a 5.0. After installing the motor. I wasnt able to shut my overdrive off. which im pretty sure caused my slow 1/4 mile time. Any ideas on why i cant shut it off. And also when i floor it my center console with the arm rest and stuff vibrates really bad. till it shifts, any ideas on that would be great

• Sponsors (?)

You need the OD switch box that is located behind the glove box. V6 cars didn't have them, but the plug is right in there.

I just so happen to have one still in my car because I just did a 5 speed conversion. PM me if in you're interested, I'll let it go cheap! And btw, they are REALLY hard to find!

If you got vibrations, it sounds like the crossmember may be in backwards. It can actually raise the trans and make it contact the tunnel. Or it'll bind the trans mount somehow and cause vibes.

Eh? What do you meanm V6 cars didn't have overdrive? My Cobra clone was a V6, and I had overdrive. I could understand if the box is different between a V6 and a V8, but I certainly was able to turn overdrive off.

Trust me, the V6 car does not have the box. Maybe it has something to do with the V6 having the OBD II computers, maybe the switch was part of the computer. I do know if you look behind the glove box on an AODE GT Mustang it'll be there, but won't be on a V6 car.

Here's a pic of one:

View attachment 260861

control_switch_mod.jpg

thanks for the feedback. i checked out the box in my gt parts car and saw the box but didnt have time to check in the v6. I was busy using cythers idea with the black seats instead of the tan seats. but ill take the glove box off tomorow.

one more thing how big of a difference do u guys think a v6 torqe converter and a v8 converter would be