misfire help

DeaconSvt

Jun 11, 2011
Ive Got a 2002 4.6 Mustang Gt cylinder two has a misfire.. its not a constant misefire i can barely feel it if i do...
ive tried buying a new coil switched coils, spark plugs, fuel injectors.. it just stays misefiring on cylinder two.. im thinking its electrical
cause if it was internally or mechanical it would be a constant misfire... the car runs good especially when my foot on the gas but sometimes even when i punch it
feels like the engine kinda shuts down for a quick second then it runs good again, i notice the car is wasting a little more gas than it should.. also like tho note that yesterday
i took the plug out for number two it was a little wet with gas but only a little, then when i took off number one it was dry.. so i dont know if im getting to much fuel
to number two or what???? anything will help please thanks :) p.s also wanted to note on the ses that comes on its just the misfire on cylinder two and the two o2 senors that are not there lol

• Sponsors (?)

What is the results of a compression test? A leak down test would be an added plus.

It makes sense to me that if a cylinder is misfiring, then raw gas would be on the plug.

Unless the plug is wet with oil or coolant. So what is the plug wet with?

It seems to me that if there are multiple posts on the same issue, then all of the things done to resolve the issues should be listed. Haven't the fuel injectors been switched?

The details can make all the difference in the world. Often you get out what is put in (effort).

You said you swapped injectors, but the wet plug and running good when on it and not when cruising makes me think injector sticking open dumping fuel, and causing a misfire.
Also you're sure you haven't blown the plug out? correct?
While you say the car is/was "stock" since you don't know for 100% IF there was a tune loaded to the car at some point in it's life, I'd try switching to a higher grade of gasoline and seeing if it's pinging and if it goes away.
Could the drop in mpg be cause your driving a little more aggressively?