Fox Mod prices going up?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Anyone else notice the prices of mods going up? I've been browsing and buying lately and noticed a slight to significant price increase in many parts as compared to last year at this time.

I've noticed some prices on MM parts have gone up, so I went back and looked at prices for things I bought within the last year and compared them to what I paid and noticed everything is up. The panhard bar I bought is up $60. The K-member is up $100. My bassani catted X-pipe is up almost $200 more.

I know with inflation there will always be a rise, but i'm seeing higher bumps than typical

• Sponsors (?)

No, I have an order on some MM parts and seemed to have grabbed the last ones LMR had. I wasn't actually anticipating ordering these parts now, but i wanted to get them while I still could.

I do notice the K-member kits state they won't be available until Sept however. Sept can easily turn into Oct if one supplier has a hiccup.

It's across the board really. I was looking at new campers last year. They are selling them very quickly now due to the covid situation. The same camper I was looking at last year is up $4k this year. Crazy stuff (no I'm not buying one now).

It's across the board really. I was looking at new campers last year. They are selling them very quickly now due to the covid situation. The same camper I was looking at last year is up $4k this year. Crazy stuff (no I'm not buying one now).
Yeah man that's so true, it was the same for me when I was looking at trucks, they were selling faster than I could go look at them

LMR also had less promotions this spring/summer. No 10% off sale for mem day or 4th of July.

i would imagine supply constraints would be a cause of that.

these are definitely interesting times. 50 million unemployed, and vendors of non-essential items such as performance mods are having a hard time keeping up with demand.

I have a feeling some people are going to regret haphazardly buying toys with their stimulus or extra unemployment when their jobs don't return as quickly as some expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have a feeling some people are going to regret haphazardly buying toys with their stimulus or extra unemployment when their jobs don't return as quickly as some expect.

I was thinking just that regarding the number of new RVs being sold due to covid. I have the feeling a lot of RV newbies don't realize or understand the maintenance and work a camper is, if you want to keep it nice and make it last. In a few years I bet there will be lots of them for sale and a lot of new rigs full of rot when roof caulk joints don't get maintained.

Maybe some of them will like camping and stick with it...but I bet a lot won't. Guess we'll see...

Anyone else notice the prices of mods going up? I've been browsing and buying lately and noticed a slight to significant price increase in many parts as compared to last year at this time.

I've noticed some prices on MM parts have gone up, so I went back and looked at prices for things I bought within the last year and compared them to what I paid and noticed everything is up. The panhard bar I bought is up $60. The K-member is up $100. My bassani catted X-pipe is up almost $200 more.

I know with inflation there will always be a rise, but i'm seeing higher bumps than typical

There three major factors for this:

1. Increased demand: Not being able to go out and do :poo: has left people with more time and/or money on their hands (assuming they're working and/or getting benefits). Some are spending said time and money on long-abandoned projects.

2. Inflation

3. Reduced competition: Do you know what Weiand, Mr. Gasket, MSD, Accel, Mallory, Quick Fuel, Demon, Flowmaster, Flowtech, Hooker, NOS, Earl's, Hays, Superchips, B&M, Hurst, Lakewood, and SPAL all have in common? They're owned by Holley. They used to all be independent companies, but over the last two decades, as they've gone bankrupt, Holley's investors have bought them up. Tenneco did the same with several exaust and suspension brands (including Thrush, Monroe, Dynomax, Cherry Bomb and Walker), and so on and so forth. When there's less competition, prices go up.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I was thinking just that regarding the number of new RVs being sold due to covid. I have the feeling a lot of RV newbies don't realize or understand the maintenance and work a camper is, if you want to keep it nice and make it last. In a few years I bet there will be lots of them for sale and a lot of new rigs full of rot when roof caulk joints don't get maintained.

Maybe some of them will like camping and stick with it...but I bet a lot won't. Guess we'll see...
My thoughts were that in the next few years, the market is going to be saturated with used jet ski's, campers and motorcycles.
And I love few things more than buying something that was originally expensive relatively cheap, enjoying it for a few years and then selling it for no loss.
That's when I'll pick up a camper.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thats why i just marketplace patiently waiting for a good used parts and jump on em when i see em. But some stuff i buy new. And some of those harder to find parts just aint gonna come up or sale, like ever. Most stuff you gotta buy new imo. Least i would.

Ya, im not an economist, just a day trader. But my theory is inflation is gonna sneak up hard somehow.

Also, with the the hoonifox being built, and drifting gaining popularity with younger crowd, i think will bring more demand to foxbody's/parts as well. Some other channel did a foxbody review a while back and has 1m views or so also. (Donut media i think it was)

But those are HUGE increases % wise. And its oribably jist a suuply/demand issue not so much a demand increase as it is a supply decrease. But you can bet your ass it wont ever come back down. Lol.

Last edited: