Mods on 04 Cobra voiding warranty

Davids79

Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Issaquah, WA
Hello everyone,
My girlfriend just picked up an 04 Mystichrome cobra and I it really sounds weak, I threw a Mac 3" cat back setup on her '96 GT Vert and is sounds way better. I would like to do the same on her cobra.

Since it is brand new she is worried about voiding the warranty. I have looked at sema's website and know that unless it is directly caused by the aftermarket part they cannot void the warranty.

Have any of you guys/gals had any experience with this? All of my pony's are old and out of warranty.

Thanks

David

• Sponsors (?)

If your dealer hates you, kiss the warranty good-bye even if it is stock.

How the hell do you get a girl who gets her very own 04 Cobra? Mystichrome no less? wtf? my last girl friend drove an oldsmobile alero?

alfman9 said:
How the hell do you get a girl who gets her very own 04 Cobra? Mystichrome no less? wtf? my last girl friend drove an oldsmobile alero?

When we met she had a 98 V6 Coupe, She traded that in of a 96 GT Vert which is her daily driver. And last friday she picked up the 04 which will be her toy/show car.

And we went with the MAC on the 96 more for sound over anything else, Oh and she "Always wanted 3" tips"

David

Why not call the service manager where she bought the car and ask them? Then there will be no doubt. Some service departments are cool, some are anal. I've yet to hear of a single dealer who voided a complete powertrain warranty for just a cat-back.

U.M.

Davids79 said:
Hello everyone,
My girlfriend just picked up an 04 Mystichrome cobra and I it really sounds weak, I threw a Mac 3" cat back setup on her '96 GT Vert and is sounds way better. I would like to do the same on her cobra.

Since it is brand new she is worried about voiding the warranty. I have looked at sema's website and know that unless it is directly caused by the aftermarket part they cannot void the warranty.

Have any of you guys/gals had any experience with this? All of my pony's are old and out of warranty.

Thanks

David

Marry that girl while she still likes you........ Try Magnaflow for the exhaust.........great system!!

Where are the pics of the girl.. err...i mean the car...with the girl?? We can't correctly answer that question without pics...

If she is really hot then they will probably honor her warranty for years!!! lol