Progress Thread Prime's 87 T-top Gt

• Sponsors (?)

Third corner. Bolted together and ready. One more to go.

20150505_232546.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Figured I'd update this. Car is still sitting with its front end in the air. On the upside, the front end is done. New everything on both sides.

Once it warms up a bit I need to get back under the rear and check all my brake lines. I've got a leak.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a great story on your car brother, it's beautiful in that blue.

I look forward to seeing a video of your drive when your back on the road again.

Although they're two different animals, I drove a 79 t top tbird in high school. I tell you what nothing compares to the feeling of t tops on a nice day with good tunes. Lucky.

Reactions: 1 users
So I'm getting ready to move. And that means getting the Pony out of the garage.

Finally finished putting all new brakes on it, bled everything. No leaks at the IRS! Super exciting. Topped off the battery, put some fresh premium gas in it, and bam!

View: https://youtu.be/wNt_2QBJkdY

She lives again. Sounds super badass without the exhaust on it. Off road H pipe and nothing else. Heh.

Reactions: 6 users
There's nothing like IRS. I've been running them in my foxes for over 10 years.

Great to see it up and running. With warm weather I'm sure you'll have the interior back in there in no time.

That Chrysler blue looks like it was made for a mustang. Nice work !!!

Reactions: 3 users
So I moved the car today. Had some tree work done and needed it out of the way. Cold starts are hard. It seems to be fine once it warms up. Since I moved it's been stored outside under a cover. And the cover is doing a pretty good job. The one exception is the paint on the spoiler. It's pretty much ruined. The car needs a quality repaint anyway. In retrospect I WAY overpaid for the body work they did on the car. The prep was virtually non-existant. In some places, the blue has flaked off and I can see the factory gray underneath. Not even any primer.

Plus, I noticed that my Cervinis cobra rear is sagging under the tail lights I don't even know how to fix that.

The car still has no interior in it and no exhaust. I haven't really touched it since I moved in June. Something needs to happen. I either need to get some thing done or shift the car. I'm way torn over that though.

Oh, and on the drive over when I moved, the rear fenders took some serious chunks out of the tires. I need to roll the fenders bad. Bought the tool to do it the right way. But I haven't had time to mess with it. With a quality roll job, the tires should fit fine.