Modular Head Shop

• Sponsors (?)

Just playing devils advocate, but I just got done reading a thread regarding a Bullitt owner and Modular Head Shop over on IMBOC and his experience was less than ideal. Now that could be the exception and not the rule, I'll leave it to you to decide. The problem centered more around customer service than the product itself.

Not saying they aren't a good shop. Just passing along some info.

modular head shop - IMBOC

That's the first I've heard about an un-happy customer from MHS.

A lot of guys over on the Corral forums have used them and so far all been happy.

Nick, the owner (I think) posts regularly on some forums (think he posts here too) and is very helpful in answering questions and explaining.

No personal experience myself, though.

Like I said, NOT trying to discredit them. Reading that thread was the first I've heard of them (been out of the game a few years now), and keep in mind that thread contains only ONE SIDE of the story. MHS could have a very reasonable explanation that never made it to that thread. I don't know. I just know that I would like to have as much info as possible before dropping a pretty penny on cylinder heads.

If they really do have an excellent reputation throughout the community, then chances are that situation was the exception to the rule, or there's more to the story than we know and you'll be more than happy doing business with them.

I run MHS stage 2 heads and Nick got me intake valves ASAP after I had screwed up(bad mental lapse on my part) my cam install tweaking all 8 intake valves. Always quick answers for my questions.

Just got a set of rods off him he was selling. Again fast response to a question and shipment once I ordered. Have few more things to get off him for engine build.

Nick the owner of MHS is one of the most helpfull people I have run accross on the forums. You can always find him posting on corral and modular fords. I have PM'd him with questions from time to time and he is always quick to respond and hands down knows his stuff.

I actually plan on running his stage 2 heads on my teksid build and will not let that one incedent deture me from buying his product. That is the first person I have ever heard about that has had a bad experience with MHS.

does anyone know anything about the tfs heads they sell and what is tfs i read on the site that they were a better head for asspirated motors making big numbers on the dyno it also said his stage 2s were capable of almost 700 rwhp what are the tfs capable of

does anyone know anything about the tfs heads they sell and what is tfs i read on the site that they were a better head for asspirated motors making big numbers on the dyno it also said his stage 2s were capable of almost 700 rwhp what are the tfs capable of

TFS = Trick Flow Specialties. Aftermarket heads. Don't know much about them. If anything I hope they've addressed the spark plug thread issue.

As a matter of fact, scroll down a bit and read about the TFS heads and Nick's (Im assuming he wrote this) opinion on them.

http://www.modularheadshop.com/heads/tfsheads.htm

does anyone know anything about the tfs heads

Awesome heads. They dont shoot spark plugs either! Wish I had the cash for them. They are about 2k for a pair.:( Thats why you dont see some many folks with them. Once you buy the heads and cams and tune etc. youve basically spent the same as you would on a blower.

Awesome heads. They dont shoot spark plugs either! Wish I had the cash for them. They are about 2k for a pair.:( Thats why you dont see some many folks with them. Once you buy the heads and cams and tune etc. youve basically spent the same as you would on a blower.

Yep..

HP/TQ of FI > HP/TQ of N/A TFS 2V Heads

Personally, I will never run one of MHS's products.

When nick first started on this web site, all he did was talk about how everyone else's cams are pure crap and his are the best. I know he is trying to sell a product, but that's not how you go about things.

Nick was also on corral at one point talking about his cams. He was talking about how much peak power his cams picked up on a customers blower car. I simply ask him for a Dyno graph because it would be nice to see how much power it made under the curve. He told me "do a search". That's absolutely ridiculous. MHS's products might be the best in the world, but with customer service like that, I will pass.

Like I said, I've never used a single one of their products. That's just been my experience with the customer service.

The plugs blow out of the cylinder head stripping out the threads because there aren't enough threads in the head. Plus I have seen pics of some heads where the aluminum melted from a hot spot caused by some of the threads on the plug sticking out in the combustion Chamber.