moisture in sparkplug boot ?

rdpar

Jan 21, 2008
MOISTURE IN THE SPARK PLUG BOOT?

I have a 1999 Mustang Gt. The two left rear spark plugs (as you are facing the front of the car) are getting wet some how and fouling out. I changed the plugs a few weeks ago and saw that the spark plug boot was all rust colored and the contact was wet and kind of muddy looking(rust colored). Could this just be condensation getting in because the boot is old? Can you buy just the boot without having to replace the coil too? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

yeah the boots are sold separately and are cheap (i think i bought like 4 for ~20 bucks). if you dont have a leak from the hood, and no leaks from your intake, then you could have head gasket problems. mine did the same, and it turned out to be a blown headgasket. compression test will tell you if your head gasket is blown.

EDIT: does your coolant ever disappear? do you have overheating problems?

Does it happen often? My hood was not latched properly and I ended up getting water under the COP's when it would rain. I ended up getting a new hood just the other day, to solve this issue. Also, I've noticed that driving through big puddles, can cause the same problem too.