Molded carpet sent in a flat box

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I am so old I cannot remember who or where, but there was a company building molded carpet and shipped it in a flat box, not rolled up and wrinkled....
Shipping was a bit expensive if I recall, but you got a carpet that set in your car perfectly....

I was googling around looking for this company and could not find it Anyone else ever hear of it or know about it??

• Sponsors (?)

New to me... But I just got a rolled up carpet, let it sit out overnight and sit in the sun for a couple hours before dropping it into the car, and it went fairly well.
I have never had good luck with the rolled up carpets... MIne all come out looking like :poo:....

My hatch carpet came folded up. I just let it sit in the sun and it was fine.

I'm not even sure who the other players in the game are for carpets? Every vendor i see seems to sell various trims of ACC carpet. Is there even another vendor at all?

My hatch carpet came folded up. I just let it sit in the sun and it was fine.

I'm not even sure who the other players in the game are for carpets? Every vendor i see seems to sell various trims of ACC carpet. Is there even another vendor at all?
It was a unique Idea but I bet the shipping costs ( they had to be shipped freight, if I recall) probably killed it.....

Only one I'm aware of that made molded carpet kits besides acc was "Trim Parts" but they got bought out years ago. Couple dealers for acc used to flat ship but was still acc carpet that faded quick. I'm not a fan of acc lol, had better luck dyeing old oem carpets but its all ways been either black or gray.

Can your OEM carpet be saved? Got a Bissel Spot Cleaner?

If you think it can be cleaned up and saved, i highly recommend doing this with the OE carpet vs getting aftermarket carpet.

Can your OEM carpet be saved? Got a Bissel Spot Cleaner?

If you think it can be cleaned up and saved, i highly recommend doing this with the OE carpet vs getting aftermarket carpet.
No, half of its gone.... Besides I do NOT want blue carpet again...... Charcoal or a darker grey is what I want to use... Changing the blue dash to probably charcoal or black.. The dash pad is already black ( new)
Interior is white, which might be a good color for Florida.......

Last edited:
Ok, I found the name of the place that sent out the carpet flat, ECS, but they apparently no longer sell carpet.
I also found a place called " Stock Interiors"??
Anyone have any experience with them??
Not alot of good to be said about ACC quality on some sites I went to.....

My ACC hatch carpet fit poorly out of the box. Wasn't even close. It was a good 3-4” too long on the seatback flaps

I had to send it back as an RMA/warranty claim with marks telling them how to fix it. It fix much better second time around.

Last edited:
Ok, I found the name of the place that sent out the carpet flat, ECS, but they apparently no longer sell carpet.
I also found a place called " Stock Interiors"??
Anyone have any experience with them??
Not alot of good to be said about ACC quality on some sites I went to.....
ECS i believe is for Mopar only....
I bought a Buick Regal headliner from Stock Interiors a year ago and it fit perfect and the color was spot on. My experience with them was very good.

I put ACC in mine years ago, took some fitting and finesse but I'm used to that installing interiors in 60's stangs years ago.
I’ve put ACC in three vehicles, and have never had a problem with fit. There has been plenty to trim around the edges in the passenger area, and the hatch carpets have for fine. The carpet quality has been equal to or better than OEM. I don’t like putting holes in for bolts, dimmer switches or cargo tie downs, but that’s NBD.

I solved the problems of poor quality/fit for new carpet for my 2002 Mustang GT by (in 2019) buying OEM Ford carpeting. I was able to find NOS Ford carpeting for my car at Vintage Parts in Beaver Dam, WI. Sure, it cost me more (roughly $375 total), but the quality (of course) is perfect, as is the fit. Once I had the old carpeting removed it literally took me 5 minutes to lay the new carpeting. It was especially nice but to have to cut out openings for the shifter; seat bolts, etc.