Monte Carlo SS

WA WA WA... jeez some of you need to pull your heads out of the clouds and come back down to earth. Do NOT underestimate the SC'd 3.8L GTP/GTX(280hp), SC'd regal, and SS's. STock they are a LOW 15 second car (which is very close to a stock 5 speed coupe with a average driver), and with just an airbox removal they are a mid-high 14 second car. I think more people need to go to the track and see what REAL cars run instead of reading C&D and the like and using themas examples.

Car Craft did a test a few years back on a GTP and for less than $100 they had it running LOW LOW 14's. I almost bought one a few years back, and my cousin owned one. There is a few quick ones at my home track, with a few running low 13's high 12's at 106-108mph. Talk about a sleeper.

So to answer the original; question... it would have been a close race and if you were not on your game when it came to shifitng, he could have very well pulled a 1/2 car or so on you.
 
im not saying every GTP, SS etc.. is going to beat every stang im just saying if seen one run with them very easy and like killercanary said some of you do need to get your head out of the clouds and realize that just because your car is a V8 and its a V6 doesnt automatically mean your gonna win, and remember talk is cheap and you shouldnt believe everything you hear and read and actually go to the track and see one or even race one and alot of youll find out your underestimating there power and thier potiential power.
 
Killercanary said:
WA WA WA... jeez some of you need to pull your heads out of the clouds and come back down to earth. Do NOT underestimate the SC'd 3.8L GTP/GTX(280hp), SC'd regal, and SS's. STock they are a LOW 15 second car (which is very close to a stock 5 speed coupe with a average driver), and with just an airbox removal they are a mid-high 14 second car. I think more people need to go to the track and see what REAL cars run instead of reading C&D and the like and using themas examples.

Car Craft did a test a few years back on a GTP and for less than $100 they had it running LOW LOW 14's. I almost bought one a few years back, and my

cousin owned one. There is a few quick ones at my home track, with a few running low 13's high 12's at 106-108mph. Talk about a sleeper.

So to answer the original; question... it would have been a close race and if you were not on your game when it came to shifitng, he could have very well pulled a 1/2 car or so on you.


Finally someone else backs me. I got my ass handed to me one time by one of these at the TRACK and all it had was a SC pullie. It ran a 14.7 to my 14.9. I know that not a slaughter but still I got beat. And I had a few mods under my belt. You guys look to much into the Car and Driver numbers. Go to the track sees what they run. How many times are C&D right on. And most don't stay stock, they mod just like us.
 
I tell you what killercanary is right you guys should spend some time at the track. I 've seen some stuff that just blew me away. I saw this SC GTP with slicks up front pull a 13.6 Thats nasty in my book for a 6cyl. There was also a new SS SC impala. I don't know what was done but the way it ran it obviously had work because it pulled a 12.9
 
i never said modded gtp's couldn't be fast i even stated that my friends was faster than my car in the 1/4...

i was speaking stock for stock!!!!!

and this was originally about an ss which stock for stock the stang being a 5speed and w/ competent driver would win...